- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade B minus
Vistamar is a college-preparatory school committed to the idea that there's a better way to do high school. We build independent thinkers with diverse viewpoints who are better prepared for college and the world beyond. Challenging academics engage and inspire students in a supportive atmosphere where students build strong relationships with peers and our world-class faculty.
Vistamar's curriculum combines best practices of American independent schools with leading-edge methods drawn from educational systems around the world. Our program fosters critical thinking, technological acumen, independent problem solving, and collaborative work. Beyond the classroom, students are encouraged to build new skills and explore their passions, whether participating in athletics, the arts or other campus or community activities.
Our 4-year college planning process and low student:college counselor ratio of 24-1 ensures our students find the right college fit and succeed in the world beyond.
Vistamar School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+70 Students
- grade A+69 Students
- grade A+66 Students
- grade A+57 Students
- grade A49 Students
- grade A44 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade B+36 Students
- grade A34 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
- Taste of Vistamar, School productions32%
- Class Retreats15%
- Senior projects15%
- Sports Events15%
- Soulful celebration12%
- Spirit week5%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade D+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C minus
Vistamar School Reviews
In addition, the high (1:7) teacher to student ratio encourages all students to participate in all class discussions, no one can hide behind their books! Finally, because Vistamar pulls from all over the Los Angeles area, the student body is a true reflection of the world at large.
Vistamar is a unique school. Its most important characteristic is intentionality. They have thought through each part of high school and made intentional choices to build a different and excellent small high school that allows each child to bring their individuality to school every day. The intentionality comes up in both large (why they offer Spanish and Chinese in their language program and require students to pass an oral proficiency language exam in order to graduate) and small (the building's temperature) ways. You will not find a more enthusiastic faculty. My daughter, who wants to be a doctor, has taken advantage of the robust science offerings. All of this is wrapped by two key principals: (a) small class sizes that allow the faculty to know your student and (b) the idea that “there are no spectators” in learning. Your student will be challenged and engaged. I highly recommend this school.