- Public, Charter
- CARMICHAEL, CA
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A+
- Sportsgrade C
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Visions In Education is a free public charter school serving over 7,000 students in Amador, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Solano, Sutter, and Yolo counties. Students may choose from our 3 personalized learning academies: Home School (TK-12), Independent Study (9-12), or University Prep (9-12).
Visions students enjoy flexibility and a safe learning environment. They develop 1:1 relationships with their credentialed teacher and enjoy many activities and events like dances, college tours, and field trips. We also offer the support of counselors, tutors, and a special education team.
Visions is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Visions in Education Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B180 Students
- grade A175 Students
- grade C126 Students
- grade A+124 Students
- grade A+119 Students
- grade A minus90 Students
- grade A78 Students
- grade A minus76 Students
- grade B+74 Students
- grade B minus71 Students
Independent Study Academy
Our Independent Study Academy allows students in grades 9-12 to graduate high school from home. Students receive a free Chromebook to complete classes online & have access to field trips, college visits, prom & more. This program helps students catch up on credits, attend community college or join the workforce. They receive 1:1 attention from a credentialed teacher and we offer free tutoring.
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
- Orientation get togethers for each semester47%
- Our school dances26%
- Field day21%
- Rocketry day5%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 35 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 35 responses
Visions in Education Reviews
At this point, I coordinate my child's daily activities (classes, playdates, and museums), joined a co op school, and do a 1-4 hour daily study session, which could include a variety of teaching tools to make it engaging. It may sound like a lot but it's not much more than the commitment of a traditional school and extracurriculars. Take it year by year! And if for some reason its not a fit, you can enroll in your child in the local school.