- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Visions In Education is a free public charter school serving over 7,000 students in Amador, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Solano, Sutter, and Yolo counties. Students may choose from our 3 personalized learning academies: Home School (TK-12), Independent Study (9-12), or University Prep (9-12).
Visions students enjoy flexibility and a safe learning environment. They develop 1:1 relationships with their credentialed teacher and enjoy many activities and events like dances, college tours, and field trips. We also offer the support of counselors, tutors, and a special education team.
Visions is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Visions in Education Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B162 Students
- A157 Students
- C122 Students
- A+111 Students
- A+107 Students
- A-77 Students
- A68 Students
- A-67 Students
- B+66 Students
- A62 Students
Independent Study Academy
Our online Independent Study Academy allows students in grades 9-12 to graduate high school from home. Students receive a free Chromebook to complete classes & have access to field trips, college visits, prom & more. This program helps students catch up on credits, attend community college or join the workforce. They receive 1:1 attention from a credentialed teacher and we offer free tutoring.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Visions in Education Reviews
At this point, I coordinate my child's daily activities (classes, playdates, and museums), joined a co op school, and do a 1-4 hour daily study session, which could include a variety of teaching tools to make it engaging. It may sound like a lot but it's not much more than the commitment of a traditional school and extracurriculars. Take it year by year! And if for some reason its not a fit, you can enroll in your child in the local school.
If you are a social person who needs to be around other students 24/7, depending on your proximity to the physical Visions location and/or other learning centers , VIE may not be the right choice for you.
All in all, I am grateful for my time at VIE and all the opportunities I have been able to pursue due to being a student there. I hope to make the school proud by using what I have learned at the collegiate level. I highly recommend that if you are thinking about a charter program, that you consider VIE.