Virginia Senior High School is a public school located in Virginia, IL. It has 141 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+12 Students
- B6 Students
- A+6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B+5 Students
- B5 Students
- B5 Students
- C+4 Students
- B-4 Students
- B+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Virginia Senior High School
- BPleasant Plains High School
- Pleasant Plains Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 67 reviews
- BTriopia Junior/Senior High School
- Triopia Community Unit School District No. 27, IL
- 4 reviews
- B+A-C Central High School
- A-C Central Community Unit School District No. 262, IL
- 10 reviews
- CJacksonville High School
- Jacksonville School District No. 117, IL
- 105 reviews
Virginia Senior High School Reviews
I absolutely loved some of my teachers, and while I was there it hadn't yet started to have a 'prison' feel. However, it always felt like they were trying to give our school away, in addition to the normal small-town politics, which didn't help anything. (The new building, though admittedly needed, just feels like your in prison, and the atmosphere of the the whole school has started to shift to that feeling in my opinion.)
The school administration does what they are supposed to whenever it comes to enforcing the rules that are in the handbook; however, some teachers can be lenient when it comes to a certain student. The guidance counselor is very helpful and does exactly what he is supposed to in his job. At this school there is some bullying, but it is quickly taken care of by the principal. There are few students that do not have a very good attendance rate at school, but other than the few, it is pretty good attendance!
I enjoyed being able to explore my capabilities. However, I would've loved to have more chances at being able to express my creativity in ways I could've been more capable of doing. I'm a novel writer, so literary methods and devices (i.e. writing contests) could've given me more experience.