Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Virginia Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Virginia, MN. It has 729 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Virginia Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+66 Students
- A59 Students
- B-49 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-28 Students
- B+25 Students
- B21 Students
- B21 Students
- A21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Virginia Secondary School
- BEveleth-Gilbert Senior High School
- Eveleth-Gilbert School District, MN
- 30 reviews
- C+Mesabi East Secondary School
- Mesabi East School District, MN
- 32 reviews
- B-Chisholm Secondary School
- Chisholm Public School District, MN
- 27 reviews
- BMountain Iron-Buhl Secondary School
- Mountain Iron-Buhl School District, MN
- 18 reviews
Virginia Secondary School Reviews
My experience was greatly enjoyable, the atmosphere was safe and friendly, the classes offered made sure there was something for everyone. You could go to school everyday and see happy students and teachers. There wasn’t a student parking lot so parking could sometimes be an issue, but that was small compared to the rest of the experience. When I graduate I can say that I enjoyed my years and will miss the place and all the teachers and friends I made. But there’s a new school being built so I’m interested to see how it will turn out for future students. It will be combining with a school we have a large athletic rivalry with.
In my time at Virginia high school, I have always loved it. Everyone has been so positive and supportive of me and my fellow students. All of the teachers are kind, and helpful and have always pushed me to perform at my best. I have excelled in my classes especially history and English and my teachers I have had in these classes make it all the more fun. At VHS we host a wide variety of events such as sporting events, dancing, clubs, meets, etc. I always try and attend as many events as I can because I love to be involved in our school and the community and support my fellow students.
Throughout all of my High School career I have attended Virginia High School. I have enjoyed just about every second of it through the years. VHS is a very well put together and safe environment mainly because of the great people there. All of my classmates I have grown to be very close with and developed great friendships that will last a life time. The faculty are all very welcoming and caring. All the teachers are more than willing to get you the extra help you need. VHS also has many options to be involved with clubs, sports, music, etc. There are many activities to be involved in, inside and outside of school.