Vinton County High School is a public school located in Mc Arthur, OH. It has 582 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Vinton County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-99 Students
- A+65 Students
- C-60 Students
- C-39 Students
- C+34 Students
- C33 Students
- A27 Students
- A-19 Students
- B+17 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Vinton County High School Reviews
With the staff of Vinton County High School, I enjoyed having a few teachers that went above and beyond from their job expectations to further ameliorate their students' education. Although the school is located in a financially unstable area, I believe that the faculty and School Board work very hard to create many opportunities for its students.
Vinton County High School is very good because you always have friends. The classes are very well taught. You get an amazing education with the team of teachers they have. You create a bound with the faculty like no other. It is a very small school, but everyone knows everyone. People aren’t afraid to help each other out. My favorite part about Vinton County High School is having made all the fun memories with the teachers and the students.
Vinton County High School is definitley not the best or the brightest school by far, but given the resources that the administration/faculty has to work with they do an amazing job. My only complaint would be handling the everyday drama, bullying, and fights that occur, but there are multiple school clubs that are trying to combat that everyday.