Vilonia High School is an above average, public school located in Vilonia, AR. It has 749 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Vilonia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B286 Students
- A-145 Students
- B-130 Students
- C+123 Students
- B103 Students
- B-63 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-47 Students
- A-47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Vilonia High School
- BMt. Vernon/Enola High School
- Mt. Vernon/Enola School District, AR
- 26 reviews
- A-Cabot High School
- Cabot School District, AR
- 549 reviews
- B+Beebe High School
- Beebe School District, AR
- 146 reviews
- A-Greenbrier High School
- Greenbrier School District, AR
- 244 reviews
Vilonia High School Reviews
Vilonia High School is a very close minded environment. There is little diversity and bullying around racism, gender identity, sexuality, and new political issues are normally swept under the rug due to the town's conservative Christian vales. Parents and connections around town prevent administrators from actually addressing problems due to job security. College readiness is poor due to teachers that refuse to teach except in the ways they know how. There is little adaptation, and the only reason I am glad to have grown up here is my friends, the few teachers that are passionate about their work, and the eye opening experience to the world and it's problems.
As a four year student from Vilonia High School, I must say that I am proud to be a Vilonia Eagle aside from the lack of diversity. I would consider any member of Vilonia School District to have a beyond adequate access to an education. The school culture, administration, and atmosphere in general has had a positive impact on me and my future. Without the resources Vilonia has given me, I would not serve at a national level for a community organization, nor would I be prepared to further my education. While I am proud to be a soon to be graduate from VHS, I do believe the lack of diversity takes away from what the school could be.
I love the students at Vilonia High school. I moved from a near by high school, where I was bullied at, to this high school and have not experienced any bullying! The culture and climate are built around learning.