Village Tech Schools is an above average, public, charter school located in Duncanville, TX. It has 920 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Village Tech Schools Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A22 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-20 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Village Tech Schools Reviews
I like really like village tech it’s a community, a family it’s a very fun school. You can be your self around people you don’t have to act like someone your not . You free to do anything at this school . Your free to follow your dreams and do what you want to do when you grow up . You can make new clubs if it’s not a club for it . The teachers are very interactive with you ,very helpful . You get one on one team with the teachers if you need help with something . The clubs and sports they have at village tech are everything and they are looking for other clubs to have to make you feel like you belong there . The students are very friendly.
My experience at Village Tech schools was that it was generally good, however there are some things that could be better. As a sophomore, I think it would benefit the school to have more diverse clubs, especially those dealing with art or music. Though there are many interesting academic clubs at the school, adding in artsy type clubs might benefit those who prefer an artistic break once in a while.
The thing I liked most about VT was the atmosphere and the energy and love that the administration brings. They treat every child with love and care, and the kids get along a lot better than I have noticed at other schools. The one thing I would change is that there was quite a bit of miscommunication/delay of info, and the one academic counselor we had was hard to get in touch with.