Villa Rica High School is an above average, public school located in Villa Rica, GA. It has 1,580 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Villa Rica High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-265 Students
- A+181 Students
- B145 Students
- B+109 Students
- B101 Students
- A+68 Students
- B+64 Students
- C+53 Students
- A+51 Students
- B-48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Villa Rica High School Reviews
The school and teachers are awesome! I don’t think you could find another school that has more compassionate and devoted teachers as VR. However, after my 4 years of being here, I’ve noticed that the kids that attend VR get into altercations far too much and there seems to not be enough serious repercussions to prevent future fights. Outside of that though, VR is a great school with a wonderful staff that offer an incredibly personal learning experience!
Villa Rica High School was an interesting experience during my high school days. I am in college now and I have to say I would not be here today if not for the exceptional support staff and friendly teachers that actually want each student to succeed at any expense. I had the opportunity to work with all club organizations, the fine arts and sports organizations, and all the wonderful people that keep the school at its best. I can honestly say senior year was the best of all the years at this school. Though it might be biased since I helped orchestrate most of the senior year with the yearbook committee and senior sponsor, I believe this high school has the creative output for anyone to be involved in the community and help the school become better than when you start the first year. From the anxiety rich first day to the turning of the tassles at senior night, Villa Rica High School will be in my memories until my last day.
While high school was not the best experience I've had, Villa Rica High School makes quite the effort to improve the lives and success of those students willing to put in the work. There is quite a gap, I believe, between the high achievers and not so high achievers. I wish more effort was spent on those who aren't straight A students. Additionally, I wish more time was spent teaching life skills alongside receiving an education.