Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Villa Maria Academy is an above average, private, Catholic school located in Erie, PA. It has 301 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. Tuition is $9,700 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 86% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Villa Maria Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B89 Students
- A+66 Students
- A50 Students
- A-46 Students
- B-34 Students
- B30 Students
- C+28 Students
- A-26 Students
- B26 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Villa Maria Academy Reviews
I absolutely love VMA! It is my home away from home. The academics are amazing, the teachers are so nice and helpful, the students are so friendly, the extracurricular activities are better than I could have ever imagined. They have sports, dance, theater, clubs, and many many more. I highly recommend going to Villa.
VMA-Erie is an excellent college preparatory high school. If you are able to take honor and AP classes, then you will definitely be well-prepared for the academic rigors of any college. The teachers really care about the students and want to see you succeed. There are plenty of clubs and activities to get involved with. And all of the sports teams are very good. However, the recent administration changes (starting around 2017) really changed the entire vibe of the school. A lot of favorite teachers were pushed out and student voices were being hushed or left unheard. Also, people of color make up less than 10% of the student population and they oftentimes feel left out even though they're trying hard to fit in/find their niche. The school really needs to address the subtle racism and the "mean girl" mentality of the "IN crowd" that is sometimes on full display in their social media accounts.
I have had a very good experience at Villa for the years I have been here. Our sports facilities are absolutely outstanding but, some sports get far more recognition than others. I have had no issues with anyone at the school. Our theatre program is one of the best in the area. The school recently partnered with our brother school, Cathedral Preparatory School, in order to offer AFJROTC. Most people I know at the school have had a great experience and love the school. The only issues I have had are my own difficulties in certain classes and changing rules due to administrative changes during my time here.