Viewmont High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bountiful, UT. It has 1,820 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Viewmont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A455 Students
- B+447 Students
- C+313 Students
- A+312 Students
- B-234 Students
- B179 Students
- C+131 Students
- B108 Students
- C+105 Students
- C+85 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Viewmont High School Reviews
I loved going to Viewmont! I had so many awesome experiences that I could go on and on about. I loved the lay out of the building, super fun during lunch and in between classes. One of my favorite parts about attending Viewmont was playing sports. I played on the football team and ran track one year. The teachers were awesome. My ceramics teacher taught me so many life lessons. I think the only thing that could change is the administration. They were nice but most of them attended Viewmont when they were in high school, so I think they try too hard to make it like how it was when they were attending. If they could get administration with a futuristic approach to change up how things are running that would be awesome. I don’t wish I could go back to high school because I love life now, but that place will always hold great memories of mine.
Viewmont highschool is a great school with great people! Overall the school has very good teachers. My only complaint is math teachers who don’t always teach in a way everyone can learn. They offer many clubs and reasources to help students learn. Viewmont has a very safe environment and has very few drug issues. Great administration who are involved with the student body. Gives many opportunities to prepare for college such as pre ACTs and SATs. Gives the students many opportunities to get involved and do what they are interested in. Viewmont offers FREE tutoring to help you in academics. They have counselors who are always willing to help you and help you get what you need. The school is safe and has a positive environment and feel to it.
Viewmont High School is perfectly average. (Slightly below?) With ongoing construction, a frankly terrible science department, a complete lack of any type of diversity, and student attitude (it's a general "ughhhhh" from everyone, myself included), it isn't...super great. However! The SBOs are fantastic, construction should be done by this summer, and a lot of the teachers are genuinely supportive of the students.