Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Vienna High School is an above average, public school located in Vienna, IL. It has 386 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Vienna High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+62 Students
- B-54 Students
- B47 Students
- A+27 Students
- B23 Students
- B-16 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-14 Students
- B13 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Vienna High School
Vienna High School Reviews
Vienna High School was a very special place to me and always will be. The atmosphere at Vienna is unmatched by any school around. It really does feel like a big family because everyone knows everyone. This school does very well at preparing students for college. They even give you the opportunity to graduate with both your high school degree and associate’s degree. This really is a great high school to go to. I rated diversity low, because the community that we live in is not very diverse thus making our public high school not as diverse as other schools. Overall, Vienna High School is a great school and anyone that gets to go there should consider themselves lucky!
I have been attending Vienna High School for all four years of high school, and I can confidently say that I would not want to go anywhere else! I love that the class sizes are smaller because it means that those who need extra help can get it. The students are also very friendly and get along well. The teachers all know their students very well and can relate with them. The small community I live in is very good at donating to our school and helping out. We also give back to the community in many different ways and that shows the level of kindness that this school has.
Overall, it is a good school, but it has both positive and negative aspects. It is a very welcoming and friendly environment, and most of the teachers are kind and push students to do their best. Because it is in a rural area, there is a lack of support for the fine arts, and there really is not many clubs other than FFA and Beta (honors) club. Sports are very important, and there is a lot of school spirit in that department. There are many opportunities for dual credit, but I feel like students are pushed too much in that area. Many students graduate high school with their associates degree, but have no idea what to do with it, and often end up going to a university for 4 years anyways. If you are looking for a school with a friendly vibe, this is totally the place for you, but if you are looking for someplace diverse with lots of opportunities, this is most likely not a good fit.