Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Vicksburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Vicksburg, MI. It has 794 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Vicksburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+240 Students
- A146 Students
- B+124 Students
- B-115 Students
- A+95 Students
- B57 Students
- B-49 Students
- A-49 Students
- A-39 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responses
- Athletic events27%
- The band is my favorite thing in the entire school19%
- The musicals12%
- Greek Life4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Vicksburg High School
- A-Mattawan High School
- Mattawan Consolidated School, MI
- 309 reviews
- BSchoolcraft High School
- Schoolcraft Community Schools, MI
- 131 reviews
- B-Three Rivers High School
- Three Rivers Community Schools, MI
- 96 reviews
- BGalesburg-Augusta High School
- Galesburg-Augusta Community Schools, MI
- 53 reviews
Vicksburg High School Reviews
Any high school should strive to be the best it can be and Vicksburg does just that. No school is perfect though, Vicksburg has a few things to get better at. For a small school though the amount of AP classes and extracurricular activities rivals many larger schools. If your looking for a good football team, maybe not the best place to go, but when it comes to the arts Vicksburg is one of if not the best around. The Vicksburg Marching Band or “The Big Red Machine” is a highly award winning band, rivaling and outperforming many larger schools.
Vicksburg High School takes a very firm stance on bullying and all students are treated equally. When I first came to Vicksburg, it was a breath of fresh air! The teachers are (almost) all great! The students are nice and friendly and I feel like I am actually learning when I go to class. At no point do I feel like the teachers do not care or that they do not have enough resources. The little that I feel needs to change is that one of the older teachers need to go, he no longer can really teach his classes, two of which are AP, effectively anymore.
Vicksburg has great teachers who genuinely try to work with students to help them succeed, and the academics are definitely on a higher level. Of course, with any and most high schools, it's the students who really determine the overall experience and image of Vicksburg, and through my experience, the students are pretty unimpressive. Maybe it's the community or maybe it's the people who've raised these kids, but the school gets kind of a bad rep from them and it can be quite embarrassing . What does stand out about Vicksburg, however, is its successful band program and level of AP classes.