Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Veterans Memorial High School is an above average, public school located in San Antonio, TX. It has 1,333 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Veterans Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+51 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+44 Students
- B42 Students
- B32 Students
- A27 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+16 Students
- B15 Students
- B+14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Veterans Memorial High School Reviews
My senior class of 2020 would have been the first class to complete all four years of high school and graduate since our class was the one that opened up the school back in 2016. As a brand new school, we had the opportunity to create all new and lasting traditions that would leave a legacy. Although cut short by the pandemic, the teachers I've had have undoubtedly made me the person I am today by instilling in me a strong work ethic, determination, and have a true genuine care for the well-being of their students. The relationships I've had with not only the teachers, but the students is one i'll never forget! Although our class has definitely had its fair share of hiccups and being used as a guinea-pig class, I firmly believe that the Veterans Memorial class of 2020 is a true testament to the importance of resilience and that was made possible through the opportunities and environment that the school, teachers, coaches, and administration has provided their students!
This school changed my life. The teachers and the coaches. I went to Judson High School my freshman year, and I was scared of my shadow at the time. I was scared to try anything. Because of this I transferred to Veterans Memorial High School, and became part of the first class to graduate from that school. I became a leader on my high school football team, and starting next year will be playing for the University of Howard Payne. If it weren't for my experience at Veterans Memorial High School, I would not be the man I am today. I highly recommend sending your kid to school here. They will make them into a better student, and most importantly a better person. #STING 'EM!
Veterans Memorial High School is an exceptional school when it comes to rigorous courses offered. Considering the school is relatively new, the facilities are clean and always available to the students. VMHS is a place where people can grow to learn and discover new things while being in a safe, hostile free zone where students can discuss among themselves. This is what make VMHS a school of prosperity and the key to a brighter future!