Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Vestavia Hills High School is a top rated, public school located in Vestavia Hills, AL. It has 2,008 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Vestavia Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A436 Students
- grade A347 Students
- grade A minus284 Students
- grade A minus149 Students
- grade A+122 Students
- grade B+108 Students
- grade A minus103 Students
- grade B96 Students
- grade B93 Students
- grade A minus73 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responses
- Football games27%
- Relay for life21%
- Homecoming week17%
- Basketball games5%
- Soccer Season5%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,743 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 38 responses
Schools like Vestavia Hills High School
- grade A+Spain Park High School
- Hoover City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.12 out of 5 255 reviews
- grade AOak Mt. High School
- Shelby County Schools, AL
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 284 reviews
- grade A+Mt. Brook High School
- Mountain Brook City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 113 reviews
- grade A+Homewood High School
- Homewood City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.2 out of 5 249 reviews
Vestavia Hills High School Reviews
Rating 4.04 out of 5 256 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have enjoyed attending Vestavia Hills High School. I feel that my teachers and counselors have prepared me for my future and college. Vestavia is a very clean, safe, and educational environment. I love all of the school spirit and extracurricular activities that the school has. For the most part, my teachers have encouraged me and helped me learn. They offer help after school and during there off periods. You know that they want to see students succeed. I was able to get accepted into my dream school and get into the nursing program because of how well I was taught. Vestavia Hills High School provided me a very fun, educational, and enjoyable four years.
Vestavia Hills High school ranks among the top high schools in the state of Alabama, and stays competitive with the other high schools nationwide as well. Recently, the high school was nominated to compete for the most spirited high school in the nation. With stellar academics, competitive sports, with many clubs and electives to boot, one is bound to find a place in this school of over 2000 students and growing. Despite the cost of real estate in this area, the schools may well tip the balance for parents with children whose talents will be cultivated. With notable teams that compete nationally such as Math Team, TSA Robotics as well as state championships in girl’s soccer and men’s tennis, as well as track and field, many opportunities are available for those who desire to compete in any event at the state and national level. With a tremendous faculty and staff, this school puts its students first. Many teachers should be teaching in colleges but choose to teach at Vestavia.
The faculty at Vestavia Hills High School provides many resources for students to get the most out of their education. The school aims to grow the student academically, while also challenging and nurturing community involvement to create conscious contributors to society. Countless clubs and organizations give students the opportunity to expand their knowledge of the world outside of Vestavia Hills by providing services, connections, or involvement in the surround areas. Vestavia Hills High School is a great place to prepare a student like me for a competitive university and a life beyond school.