Vestavia Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A152 Students
- A150 Students
- A114 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+54 Students
- B37 Students
- B37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Vestavia Hills High School Reviews
Review Vestavia Hills High School
Honestly, as a black girl at Vestavia, there is some slight racism from a few students, but I love this school. Since I came from a small town private school, Vestavia has helped me prepare for college, come out of my shell, and learn new things. With the wide selection of courses, clubs, and extracurricular activities, I am never bored nor ill prepared. If you feel different, which I did at first, you have to find friends that you have things in common with- they are kind of easy to find. They sometimes will flock to you. Sports are a really big thing in Vestavia and football season is to die for! All the teachers help you in anything you have a problem with and there's also peer tutoring as well! Overall I give my school an 8/10.
Vestavia's Math, Social Studies, Art, and English departments are fairly strong, but their Science department could definitely use some improvement. In my experience at Vestavia, I have seen more bad science teachers than good ones. While their science department does consist of a past Alabama Teacher of the Year, the majority of science teachers there are not great at their job. My Applied Physical Science teacher I had my sophomore year consistently lost my assignments I turned in on-time and most of my peers left her class confused and resigned to hopelessness. There have been some bullying issues in the past based on diversity amongst the student body which only a few teachers and administrators have cared to address. The guidance department has great upperclassmen resources and counselors but the counselors for 9th and 10th graders are careless and can be rude to their students.
Vestavia schools are excellent. The classes help prepare students for college, as well as future careers. The seminars informing students and parents are very helpful regarding planning to college, including financial resources (scholarships, financial aid). The college couselors do a oustanding job helping the students in the college process. The teachers are caring and devoted to their students education. The parents work together to show faculty and teachers their appreciation during the year. It is a great school system.