Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Vestaburg Community High School is a public, magnet school located in Vestaburg, MI. It has 244 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B46 Students
- B-43 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+27 Students
- B26 Students
- C+24 Students
- A17 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-15 Students
- A+14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Vestaburg Community High School
- C-Montabella Junior/Senior High School
- Montabella Community Schools, MI
- 62 reviews
- BShepherd High School
- Shepherd Public Schools, MI
- 83 reviews
- BSt. Louis High School
- St. Louis Public Schools, MI
- 25 reviews
- C+Carson City-Crystal High School
- Carson City-Crystal Area Schools, MI
- 39 reviews
Vestaburg Community High School Reviews
The school is small and courses are limited. The on line courses are becoming more popular and we are seeing the decline in teachers because of it. Some staff teachers are not even helpful in learning the information. The school click is very present. Staff and Administrators don't feel it is there, but many students can attest that it is very present. I believe they truly want students to excel, but the school is also run on limited funds.
This school was terrible no college readiness, terrible staff, and very little opportunities. this school does not offer alot for kids in the school and offers nothing for kids to prepare for the next step in their lives. I personally feel i did not learn anything from this school. i never learned a foreign language because of this school. i was pushed through grades even when not ready to move on and not where i should have been in comparison to my peers. this school is not about educating and preparing kids it is truly about the money and looking good to the community. many kids in this school end up slipping through the cracks.
I like that Vestaburg is a small school. The school is out for the kids safty and to strive for excellence. I would change one thing about Vestaburg school. That is, that they don't pick certain students over others and give every student the same oppertunities.