Verona High School is a highly rated, public school located in Verona, NJ. It has 658 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Verona High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A101 Students
- A-73 Students
- A+70 Students
- B69 Students
- A61 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+37 Students
- B36 Students
- A-35 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Verona High School
- ARamsey High School
- Ramsey School District, NJ
- 96 reviews
- A-James Caldwell High School
- Caldwell-West Caldwell School District, NJ
- 110 reviews
- A-Midland Park Jr./Sr. High School
- Midland Park School District, NJ
- 57 reviews
- AGlen Rock High School
- Glen Rock Board of Education, NJ
- 139 reviews
Verona High School Reviews
I really enjoyed learning throughout my four years. The teachers are all willing to put in extra time to help you whenever you need them. In addition, our sports are a very important part of the school body. When you are on a team, it is like a family due to the small size of our school. The friendships you make over the years are very special and will stay with you forever. The changes that I feel would improve the school are doing construction on the locker rooms and update the gymnasiums.
At Verona High School, I feel encouraged to grow as an individual. All of the teachers are extremely friendly, which makes going to them for help easy. Additionally, Verona High places importance on mental health and provides struggling students with the Effective School Solutions (ESS) Program.
Verona High School offers a wide variety of courses including many AP classes. They encourage students to challenge themselves and focus on what they are interested in. However, some of their choices in staff are questionable and some of the teachers are very easily distracted, share their personal political views, or are simply unwilling to help students, which I find to be unacceptable. Finally, there is virtually no diversity.