Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Verona Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Verona, WI. It has 1,598 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Verona Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+442 Students
- A227 Students
- B152 Students
- C+117 Students
- A-111 Students
- B94 Students
- A+81 Students
- B73 Students
- A68 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Verona Area High School
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 75 reviews
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 155 reviews
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 137 reviews
- B+New Glarus High School
- New Glarus School District, WI
- 63 reviews
Verona Area High School Reviews
Based on my experiences with Verona Area High School their educational system is very effective towards my success. Also, they provide many resources, which helped me develop my English and reading skills that are increasing dramatically over the years. All the teachers there are super friendly and kind towards me and other classmates. They provide many opportunities that many other school districts do not provide. Verona also provides tons of clubs and organizations that have been very interesting to participate in. The school’s spirits is outstanding and there’s a sense of belonging. I have a very good friend group ever since elementary school like many other students have. Also, Verona is very inclusive and is very diverse and many cultures that individuals expressed throughout the school. This also connects with the one time school assembly called the “Multi-Cultural Showcase” where students and staffs are able to express their identities and cultures towards the school.
Verona is a great school with a strong community. All of our students are deeply rooted in Wildcat Pride, partaking in and/or supporting our many sports teams and academic clubs. There are also many academic opportunities at VAHS, including more than 10 AP classes, Planet Lead the Way courses in engineering and medical sciences, dual credit courses, and apprenticeship opportunities. Verona does not have honors courses, but there are plenty of other opportunities for students to academically challenge themselves starting sophomore year. There are not very many advanced academic opportunities for freshman. Verona's administration is not the best, but it is functional and still has the students best interests at mind. We do have some amazing teachers here, and as for facilities, Verona might have the best in the state of Wisconsin now that we will have a new high school building in Fall 2020.
Verona Area High School puts in a lot of effort to make the school better, which I appreciate. They are working on more equitable policies and practices, but they still have a long way to go. I think they could work on teachers being accountable for putting in place anti-racist practices. I think they could build more community, especially at the high school level. In terms of success, they have great academic classes and many extra curricular opportunities. However, they could work on making high level classes more accessible and welcoming for students of color.