Verona Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Verona, WI. It has 1,507 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Verona Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+356 Students
- A+180 Students
- B115 Students
- C+93 Students
- A-88 Students
- B68 Students
- A+59 Students
- B+59 Students
- A48 Students
- A+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Verona Area High School
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 73 reviews
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 142 reviews
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 127 reviews
- B+New Glarus High School
- New Glarus School District, WI
- 62 reviews
Verona Area High School Reviews
Verona Area High School is a diverse and understanding institution, striving to meet students where they are at no matter their background. Teachers often go out of their way to ensure that students succeed, with the amount of resources they provide astounding in nature. Furthermore, the student body strives to raise awareness about and accept minorities among it, doing so through various means such as the Multicultural Leadership Council and our annual Multicultural Showcase. This showcase not only celebrates racial and ethnic minorities but also the LGBTQ+ community among us, taking time to truly appreciate our differences and encourage cooperation among everyone. My time at this institution has been enriching, to say the least, and I look forward to viewing its future growth.
I enjoy how kind and understanding the teachers are. I also enjoy How accepting this school is in regards to the LGBTQIA+ community. However they lost two stars because they are overly controlling and they choose favorites. They are overly controlling as in they reject ideas from students that don't need to be rejected, they also are very controlling in regards to electronics. They don't care what you might be doing on your electronic device (personal or given by the school), unless they tell you to take out your electronics, they will repeatedly stop class to tell you to put away the device. This wastes class time and it seems unreasonable because they don't know what the device is being used for. They also choose favorites. The "popular" kids often get away with more things, get many more exceptions, and teachers are very hesitant to take action if one of these "popular" kids is bullying others.
I love this school! This is gonna be my second year in it and so far everything is going very well. The staff and administrators are very helpful and kind. The teachers always put their students first and answer all questions. If you ask for extra help before or after school from teachers, they’ll be more than happy to help. There are many clubs about giving back to our community, accepting each other, and other fun clubs.