Verona Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Verona, WI. It has 1,507 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Verona Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+303 Students
- A+150 Students
- B+104 Students
- C+87 Students
- A-74 Students
- B58 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+50 Students
- A38 Students
- B+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Verona Area High School
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 72 reviews
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 137 reviews
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 118 reviews
- A-New Glarus High School
- New Glarus School District, WI
- 61 reviews
Verona Area High School Reviews
I love this school! This is gonna be my second year in it and so far everything is going very well. The staff and administrators are very helpful and kind. The teachers always put their students first and answer all questions. If you ask for extra help before or after school from teachers, they’ll be more than happy to help. There are many clubs about giving back to our community, accepting each other, and other fun clubs.
The thing that stands out to me the most about my time at VAHS is the teachers. They seem to really care about the students' grades and academic goals, while also caring about students' mental well-being. The majority of teachers really try to make sure that their students understand the material and are more than willing to put in extra time to help their students. They encourage their students to take AP classes, which has created a school culture where it seems like most students are enrolled in at least one AP class. Both the teachers and students at VAHS are inclusive and accepting of all and bullying is not really a common occurrence at VAHS. As a student there, I felt very safe. VAHS also offers many clubs and sports to its students, and the sports are well funded for the most part, although some of the less popular sports such as gymnastics or girls' lacrosse have very little funding.
VAHS is a good high school that offers more than 12 AP courses and several dual credit courses with the local universities in the state. The school also offers Youth Apprenticeship Program. The school has good sports team. We have some really good teachers here at high school. The one change that I would like to see is more support for academic clubs by our school. We receive very little funding for activities like history club, model united nations, Debate clubs ect. Even after qualifying in nationals we were unable to go to DC for the finals.