Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade C minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Vernonia High School is a public school located in Vernonia, OR. It has 176 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Vernonia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus48 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade A minus35 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade C+12 Students
- grade A minus12 Students
- grade B minus11 Students
Living in the Area
grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,995 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Vernonia High School
- grade B minusBanks High School
- Banks School District, OR
- Rating 3.19 out of 5 106 reviews
- grade B minusScappoose High School
- Scappoose School District, OR
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 126 reviews
- grade CClatskanie Middle/High School
- Clatskanie School District, OR
- Rating 2.94 out of 5 31 reviews
- grade B minusSt. Helens High School
- St. Helens School District, OR
- Rating 3.04 out of 5 157 reviews
Vernonia High School Reviews
Rating 3.1 out of 5 42 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Vernon High School is a small school and where the teachers know you by name. But the academics are lacking by far. The school is more focused on sports than anything else. and if the teacher likes you thats pretty much how you pass the class. At the end f my high school career i didn't feel at all ready to go to college. There are no college prep classes at all and there are really no dead lines for the teachers. The teachers all let you turn work in until the very last day which doesn't prepare you for life at all.
Vernonia High school is an amazing school for being in such a tiny town. The teachers are fantastic and the students are pretty okay themselves. Our new building is amazing and super safe. The only downsides are that rumors spread fast and we have very little extra curriculars.
The people at this school are nice, although it is a very small town and there is drama that comes with that. Even though the school is new and looks nice, the curriculum of the school could use some work.