Vernon-Verona-Sherrill Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Verona, NY. It has 561 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Vernon-Verona-Sherrill Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+47 Students
- B-41 Students
- B36 Students
- B30 Students
- A28 Students
- B27 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+23 Students
- C22 Students
- B20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Vernon-Verona-Sherrill Senior High School
- BWestmoreland High School
- Westmoreland Central School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- B-Oriskany Junior/Senior High School
- Oriskany Central School District, NY
- 20 reviews
- B+Whitesboro High School
- Whitesboro Central School District, NY
- 136 reviews
- B-Waterville Junior/Senior High School
- Waterville Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
Vernon-Verona-Sherrill Senior High School Reviews
I had so many great experiences at VVS! I absolutely loved all of my teachers. They taught me a series of life lessons that have helped shape me into the person I am today. There are so many opportunities for leadership & extracurriculars. My only complaint, is that the athletics are appreciated, attended, and funded much more than the fine arts; music, art, and the drama club don’t receive enough funding, forcing them to fundraise on their own. However, the teachers in these departments have made my experiences worth while. Even with the struggles listed above, they strive to create a safe and sufficient learning environment. I’ve grown as a person more than I ever thought possible. If I ever had a question about homework, college applications, or anything else in between, I could count on multiple staff members to provide their wisdom. I’m very thankful for all the experiences and lessons I’ve gained from attending VVS and I will cherish the memories I’ve made forever.
Vernon Verona Sherrill Senior High school is average compared to other schools within the neighboring school districts. Vernon Verona Sherrill is a small rural high school with limited academics and sports programs to ensure maximum growth. The staff is very friendly and the teachers are usually available for extra help. The sports programs and coaches are behind the times and need to move out of the 1990's. Most coaches are there to absorb an extra check and boost their retirement benefits. If you have the right last name, you will get the most playing time over a truly better player who does not have the same last name. I am sure it is like this in most small schools. Politics always are an issue!
VVS was a great place to learn. All of the teachers are friendly and willing to help of you ask for it. Additionally, VVS is a very inclusive place. The stereotypical niches don't really apply at VVS. Jocks are in drama and music, music students partake in art classes, some of the smartest and "nerdiest" kids are part of soccer, football, and other teams. The special ed students are mixed into regular ed classes, and everyone is kind to one another. One thing I would change would be the distribution of finances to the departments. Recently, VVS built a sports stadium, and while beneficial to many, some of the money could have been spent on other things. For example some of the money could have gone to the music department to fix the auditorium, which has water leakage problems as well as a sound system that is well past time for replacement.