Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Vernon Township High School is an above average, public school located in Vernon, NJ. It has 995 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Vernon Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B93 Students
- A93 Students
- B+92 Students
- B76 Students
- B+71 Students
- C+70 Students
- B-62 Students
- A+58 Students
- B55 Students
- A-54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Vernon Township High School
- A-Sparta High School
- Sparta Township Public School District, NJ
- 249 reviews
- B-Jefferson Township High School
- Jefferson Township School District, NJ
- 83 reviews
- B-Wallkill Valley Regional High School
- Public School
- Hardyston Township, NJ
- 97 reviews
- B+Minisink Valley High School
- Minisink Valley Central School District, NY
- 175 reviews
Vernon Township High School Reviews
My experience at this school was truly one to remember! Although it was cut short, I can sincerely say that I enjoyed every moment of it up until March 13th. The teachers, staff and administration really put their all into making this school the best place it can be. Everyone is like one big, close family. When I am older, I will be able to look back on my high school days and remember all the great times I had in those halls.
Vernon Township High school has been my home for the past four years. I have heavily participated in the music and wrestling program, along with being part of the robotics team, track and field, key club, and have been inducted into the national, Spanish, history and music honor societies. I have never encountered a teacher that did not help me to their highest capabilities or push me harder than I thought I could go. The school counselors have been essential in helping me with the college processes and some of the friends I have made there have meant more than the world to me. As a District, some decisions have been made in great haste such as changing the grades that reside in each school. But other choices like getting new chrome books have enhanced and enriched my education like no other school could. I am thankful for being able to experience Vernon highschool and all the fulfilling aspects that have helped me grow as a person.
Vernon Township High School is an average school. The majority of teachers genuinely care about students and want to see them succeed- i personally have made very special connections with some teachers, and i believe that this is what got me through high school with less mental breakdowns. The administration and rules however are far below par. During my time in the HS, I took part in a protest to prevent a specific person from assuming the role of principal, however every students' voice was ignored. The higher up administration cared much more about seeing your shoulders or knees than how well you actually performed in school and how well prepared you were for college. If you want to succeed in school and don't have the right teachers assigned to you, it is your own job to simply follow every rule and work hard for yourself, because the admin won't show the slightest bit of attention unless you violate a rule.