Vernon Malone College & Career Academy is an above average, public school located in Raleigh, NC. It has 361 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Vernon Malone College & Career Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+46 Students
- B+46 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+42 Students
- B36 Students
- B-33 Students
- C+30 Students
- B25 Students
- B-25 Students
- A-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Vernon Malone College & Career Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Vernon Malone College & Career Academy Reviews
I'm a sophomore at VMCCA, will be graduating 2020! So far everything has been fine, the teachers do care for their students and their safety. It's a pretty small school, so there's technically no reason to be lost at all. This school is college ready and if anyone is willing to take college courses for their junior and senior year, this is the place to be. Though I feel like my school has been getting a little bit easier to get in, this year I think that there were too many freshmen that applied here. I have heard some seniors also talking about how this school is getting a little bit easy to enter.
Vernon Malone College and Career Academy is great for people who loves hands on learning. Unlike other school they are built around project based learning, which means we learn to collaborate with our peers frequently. Another characteristic that sets this school from others is the opportunity's they offer. Vernon Malone is in a partnership with Wake Technical Community College. Through an academic foundation, paired with career-informed courses and work-based learning experiences, graduates of the Vernon Malone College and Career Academy will be prepared to continue on to a four-year university, or apply their earned credits towards an AAS degree, certificate or diploma program at Wake Technical Community College.
This is a very wonderful school that focuses on college readiness. There are a total of 7 Wake Tech Programs, which are Bio-pharmaceutical Technology, Nursing, Collision Repair, Cosmetology, Facility Maintenance, Welding, and Simulation and Game Development. However, I personally wish that this school offer more programs.