Vermillion High School is a public school located in Vermillion, SD. It has 383 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Vermillion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B90 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-16 Students
- A16 Students
- B-14 Students
- A14 Students
- A13 Students
- A-12 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Vermillion High School Reviews
The main thing that I enjoy the most about Vermillion High school is the friendly environment and staff. I would not have gotten as far as I have academically if it weren't for my amazing teachers. They're always there if you need help with something and are always willing to spend one on one time with you if you need help. Another thing I enjoy is the athletics! I have a passion for volleyball and our program really lets me shine and, most importantly, have fun. I would recommend Vermillion High School to anyone that asks because of the friendly staff and amazing athletic programs.
Overall, Vermillion High School is just your ordinary high school. The education is pretty simple but almost too easy; teachers and faculty are very laid back. That's what I love most about our school-the teachers. Vermillion High School teachers love to connect with their students but also will remain fairly strict and teacher-like. I do wish a lot of things could change about my school. For instance, the bullying policy: the school district will say bullying is not tolerated, however, bullying occurs almost everyday, with no one doing anything about it. But all around, the school is decent; but then again, I'm a life long student of the Vermillion School district, so I have no other school experience anywhere else.
I first transferred here for my freshman year and the school has been very well with me. The reason why people give it bad reviews is because they are usually people with bad behavior. If you do what you're supposed to do, you'll do well and pretty much get along with everyone. If you don't, well that's your problem and you should fix it yourself before you get yourself in trouble. So pretty much this school has been good to me and hopefully can improve later on.