Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Vermilion High School is an above average, public school located in Vermilion, OH. It has 735 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Vermilion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+126 Students
- A-98 Students
- B92 Students
- B-89 Students
- A-71 Students
- B56 Students
- B-54 Students
- A-50 Students
- C47 Students
- A+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Vermilion High School
- BFirelands High School
- Firelands Local School District, OH
- 80 reviews
- B-Midview High School
- Midview Local School District, OH
- 171 reviews
- C+Western Reserve High School
- Western Reserve Local School District (Collins), OH
- 27 reviews
- B+Marion L. Steele High School
- Amherst Exempted Village School District, OH
- 237 reviews
Vermilion High School Reviews
Vermilion High School provided me with so many different opportunities from music and arts, to a great education. Many of the teachers, coaches, and directors are extremely supportive of the students. The administration went a little downhill as my years at VHS came to an end, but for most of my years there, everything was great.
My experience in Vermilion Highschool has been an amazing one. I love that the school comes together and we support every sport. I love this school and I think my teachers and friends are wonderful. Everyone in Vermilion is kind to each other. There might be those few complications but other than that I think where a good school. A lot of us try and even though not everything is easy we get it done. I loke the fact that the teachers and the principles are stepping back so that the high schoolers have more of an experience and can run things a highschooler would.
Vermilion High School is a great school in my small town on a great lake. The people at the school are nice, and give the students a lot of opportunities. The students get to learn from each other. It is a small town, so there is not a lot of diversity, but that would be very cool to somehow see change.