Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Vergennes Union High School is a public school located in Vergennes, VT. It has 470 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Vergennes Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-55 Students
- B-31 Students
- B19 Students
- A+15 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- A+14 Students
- B14 Students
- A-12 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Vergennes Union High School
- B-Mt. Abraham Union Middle/High School
- Mt. Abraham Unified School District, VT
- 66 reviews
- AMiddlebury Union High School
- Addison Central School District, VT
- 67 reviews
- C+Westport Central School
- Westport Central School District, NY
- 11 reviews
- CMoriah Junior/Senior High School
- Moriah Central School District, NY
- 7 reviews
Vergennes Union High School Reviews
I liked the sense of community at VUHS. You can tell your teachers care about your learning. I feel as though it is too small though. There's a lack of diversity and not as many opportunities for students to branch out. I graduated in 2018, so I am a recent alumni. Now, I am at college, and I feel as though VUHS really prepared me for college. Don't send your kids to VUHS if you want them to be a successful athlete because the athletics aren't the best; however, if you're looking for a decent school to send your kids to (that's public), I highly recommend it. Also, the music program at VUHS is great! We also have an outdoor program called Walden that is great!
I had a great experience at Vergennes. It is a very kind community with lots of clubs to get involved in. If you do one thing at Vergennes, you most likely do it all; the star athletes are often the leads in the musical. I like this aspect because it produces well-rounded students. If you want to challenge yourself, there are classes to do so but at a small school, it is difficult to make your schedule fit. Teachers are usually invested in your success and there is a strong support network to get you through. While our facilities are wonderful - boasting the best gym and soccer field in the state - there are often roof issues that result in water damage. There is little to no diversity at the school, but that seems to be changing.
I really enjoyed attending Vergennes Union High School. It's a very small school, with 500-600 kids from 7-12 grade. The small atmosphere allows for students to know everyone in their grade, not just a few people here and there. I also enjoyed the activities VUHS put on. Peace One Day is a big event we put on every year on September 21st and everyone loves that. We eat fresh local bread, Ben & Jerry's ice cream while listening to people give speeches about peace, listening to music and socializing. It is a very fun event especially when it's sunny outside. So overall, my time at VUHS has been pretty average.