Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Verdigris High School is an above average, public school located in Claremore, OK. It has 311 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Verdigris High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A67 Students
- A67 Students
- C+54 Students
- B31 Students
- B-26 Students
- A26 Students
- C+23 Students
- C19 Students
- B18 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Verdigris High School Reviews
I like the overall family atmosphere of the school the most. The teachers are nice and they consider themselves to have a good boss and have a good time at work. I have liked and disliked many teachers but that is going to be the same with any school I would attend. Overall, everyone is nice and the teachers treat the students with respect and they get respect back from then. The only downside is that the size of the school truly affects the amount of classes they offer, and how well they are taught. The only language offered is Spanish, and the multiple teachers teach more than one subject.
Verdigris High School was very athletics-focused, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, increased funding to support education and teachers should be more important. I learned a lot as a student at Verdigris, including many life skills through sports. At the same time, it did not prepare me for college the way many of my peers' high schools did. In the future, I would like to see implementation of honors courses and more opportunities for AP credit, especially if I am to bring my kids back to Verdigris.
Verdigris is a great school! The teachers are very helpful and always willing to help students further their academic career.