Verdigris High School
- CLAREMORE, OK
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Verdigris High School is an above average, public school located in CLAREMORE, OK. It has 299 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Verdigris High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A74 Students
- grade A70 Students
- grade C+64 Students
- grade B37 Students
- grade B minus32 Students
- grade A30 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
- grade C+22 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B+18 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Verdigris High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Battle of the Sexes40%
- Morning pledge, moment of silence and article blas40%
- The Veterans Day assembly20%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$7,338 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Verdigris High School
- grade C+Memorial High School
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 206 reviews
- grade C+Catoosa High School
- Catoosa Public Schools, OK
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 99 reviews
- grade B minusSequoyah High School
- Sequoyah Public Schools, OK
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 122 reviews
- grade B minusInola High School
- Inola Public Schools, OK
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 63 reviews
Verdigris High School Reviews
Rating 3.3 out of 5 81 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The Verdigris community is very tightly bound. These principles reflect in their Public School Systems. It is a nice environment if one is looking for a strong, friendly community. However, as a student of Verdigris High School, some injustices were experienced. Racism, sexism, and homophobia have been displayed through the words and actions of some students and faculty at Verdigris High School. This can make it hard for one to feel safe while staying true to their authentic selves during their high school experience. Although this can be disheartening, there are also some students and faculty that provide a light for all. It is because I got to meet these types of people at Verdigris High School that I have no regrets about attending this school.
I like the overall family atmosphere of the school the most. The teachers are nice and they consider themselves to have a good boss and have a good time at work. I have liked and disliked many teachers but that is going to be the same with any school I would attend. Overall, everyone is nice and the teachers treat the students with respect and they get respect back from then. The only downside is that the size of the school truly affects the amount of classes they offer, and how well they are taught. The only language offered is Spanish, and the multiple teachers teach more than one subject.
Verdigris High School was very athletics-focused, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, increased funding to support education and teachers should be more important. I learned a lot as a student at Verdigris, including many life skills through sports. At the same time, it did not prepare me for college the way many of my peers' high schools did. In the future, I would like to see implementation of honors courses and more opportunities for AP credit, especially if I am to bring my kids back to Verdigris.