Velma Jackson High School is a public school located in Camden, MS. It has 302 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Velma Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+70 Students
- A-67 Students
- B-64 Students
- C+61 Students
- B-44 Students
- A-35 Students
- B34 Students
- C22 Students
- C+22 Students
- B-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Velma Jackson High School Reviews
Attending the prestige Velma Jackson High School has been very challenging yet rewarding. There is a multitude of school clubs for students to be apart of that challenge them, their creativity and their problem-solving skills. When it comes to the academics the teachers make sure that we the students have an understanding of what's being taught. The social culture within Velma Jackson could be better however high school is still high school and it comes with its territory. The change I would like to see in Velma Jackson is more diversity and more of an opportunity for students to express themselves through the school. Also to show that yes Velma Jackson high school is underrated however big things can come out of the small dogs.
My involvement with Velma Jackson High School has been extraordinary. The Faculty and Staff associate extremely well with the students and enable them to express their feelings on different measures of things. At Velma Jackson High School, understudies get the chance to investigate and confront day by day challenges that may hit them, if what's to come. Velma Jackson has set desires for ALL understudies, endeavoring them to be as well as expected to be. Nobody at Velma Jackson High School can state that their secondary schools, a long time, there has not been fulfilling.
My experience at Velma Jackson High School can be depicted as an amazing experience. The students and administration are very supportive and have pushed me to the fulfill all my dreams and goals. I have also participated in many events, school organizations, and extracurricular activities which has prepared me for multiple leadership roles. I am Battalion Commander of JROTC as well as a member of BETA, FCA, TSA, Top Ten Scholars, 20 Plus club, SWAG club, and a former member of the Chick-fil-A Leadership Academy. I have faced many obstacles and challenges; however, I have learned to overcome anything that stands in my path. I would like more parental involvement within my school and more incentives for the students who excel.