Vanden High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fairfield, CA. It has 1,678 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Vanden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A296 Students
- B199 Students
- A+185 Students
- A+167 Students
- C-154 Students
- A-140 Students
- B-135 Students
- A125 Students
- A-121 Students
- A105 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 153 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
Schools like Vanden High School
- B-Travis Education Center
- Travis Unified School District, CA
- B+Angelo Rodriguez High School
- Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District, CA
- 495 reviews
- A-Vacaville High School
- Vacaville Unified School District, CA
- 327 reviews
- BDixon High School
- Dixon Unified School District, CA
- 225 reviews
Vanden High School Reviews
As soon as I enter Vanden, I'm greeted with, "Hey! How's it going?" Not only are the students kind, but the faculty work as hard as they can to educate their classes accordingly. Though Vanden places emphasis on education, the wellbeing of each student is a main priority. I always felt like my health was important and prioritizing it only further benefitted my academics. In addition to great academics, the sports and extracurriculars are diverse. Vanden is home to programs that bring students together and strengthens their camaraderie. Swim and tennis has improved my skills within each sport, but also formed close relationships with other teammates I wouldn't have interacted with before. I could continue to list all the wonderful aspects of my experience with Vanden High School, but it would only exceed the character limit. In short, Vanden has given me opportunities to pursue my studies in preparation for my bright future along with building the confidence within myself to do so.
Vanden High School is definitely the best high school in the area! The school's culture is very accepting of everyone, and strives to increase and support diversity. Students are held to higher expectations in order to guarantee their preparation for college. The only real issues with this school is that not enough funds are dispersed to the fine arts, causing the teachers to often be forced to supplement the supplies themselves. The major clubs at the school tend to be clique-y as well, which can be irritating when it comes to school functions such as rallies, or for school spiritwear or even the yearbooks themselves. However, these issues are no more of a nuisance than they are at any other school.
Vanden High School is a well academically driven school. They excel in academics, sports, and diversity. The most important thing I found at Vanden was the friendly teachers, staff, and students that made me feel wanted. My Freshmen and Sophomore year I went to a different high school and the teachers at that school had a way of making me feel stupid among my peers if I didn't know an answer to a question or in other situations. Everyone there had labels plastered on their foreheads with "smart" or "Stupid." And if you were the "stupid" you were looked down upon. At Vanden everyone was "smart" and had potential. Another huge plus is Vanden offers on campus therapy for students who need it! This was huge for me when I didn't have health insurance. I was able to get the mental health services I needed for no cost.