Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesD
Vanden High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fairfield, CA. It has 1,730 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Vanden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A323 Students
- B218 Students
- A+205 Students
- A+182 Students
- C-161 Students
- A-152 Students
- B-142 Students
- A141 Students
- A-131 Students
- A121 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 156 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Schools like Vanden High School
- BTravis Education Center
- Travis Unified School District, CA
- B+Angelo Rodriguez High School
- Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District, CA
- 530 reviews
- A-Vacaville High School
- Vacaville Unified School District, CA
- 347 reviews
- BDixon High School
- Dixon Unified School District, CA
- 241 reviews
Vanden High School Reviews
As soon as I enter Vanden, I'm greeted with, "Hey! How's it going?" Not only are the students kind, but the faculty work as hard as they can to educate their classes accordingly. Though Vanden places emphasis on education, the wellbeing of each student is a main priority. I always felt like my health was important and prioritizing it only further benefitted my academics. In addition to great academics, the sports and extracurriculars are diverse. Vanden is home to programs that bring students together and strengthens their camaraderie. Swim and tennis has improved my skills within each sport, but also formed close relationships with other teammates I wouldn't have interacted with before. I could continue to list all the wonderful aspects of my experience with Vanden High School, but it would only exceed the character limit. In short, Vanden has given me opportunities to pursue my studies in preparation for my bright future along with building the confidence within myself to do so.
Vanden High School is definitely the best high school in the area! The school's culture is very accepting of everyone, and strives to increase and support diversity. Students are held to higher expectations in order to guarantee their preparation for college. The only real issues with this school is that not enough funds are dispersed to the fine arts, causing the teachers to often be forced to supplement the supplies themselves. The major clubs at the school tend to be clique-y as well, which can be irritating when it comes to school functions such as rallies, or for school spiritwear or even the yearbooks themselves. However, these issues are no more of a nuisance than they are at any other school.
I've been here for my whole high school experience and I'd say this school is pretty average. I was lucky to have gotten mostly great teachers throughout these past four years, but it is really hit or miss (This is coming from an AP/Honors student). The school really needs some remodeling because it looks outdated and gloomy except for the library, and the "unity in diversity" mural. Football games are pretty fun if you hangout with the right crowd, but there is a lack of school spirit In general, the sports program is great. Activities like Academic Decathlon, Robotics, Band and JROTC are great. The food can be hit or miss (Mac N' Cheese & Breadsticks are my favorites). The tutoring program is very helpful. I hope this review gives a little insight of if you're deciding to go here.