Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Van Wert High School is an above average, public school located in Van Wert, OH. It has 547 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Van Wert High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+73 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade A minus27 Students
- grade A minus26 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade B minus24 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Goodwill Games44%
- Friday night at the football games13%
- Homecoming week13%
- Powder puff games13%
- Burning of the J6%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,371 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Van Wert High School
- grade BCrestview High School
- Crestview Local School District (Convoy), OH
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 43 reviews
- grade B+Spencerville High School
- Spencerville Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade B+Bellmont Senior High School
- North Adams Community Schools, IN
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 97 reviews
- grade BLincolnview Junior/Senior High School
- Lincolnview Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 23 reviews
Van Wert High School Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 77 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had a great experience here! I would not want to change anything, except maybe add more sports if possible, like indoor soccer. Or maybe have intramural sports too all year long for students to participate in.
Van Wert High School is a pretty great school to go to. The staff is kind and dedicated to enhancing the learning experience of their students. The school has many STEM related courses including biomedical sciences and engineering. The athletic teams are fairly good and most events are attended by the majority of the student body. The arts are allowed to flourish under the care of band, choir, and theater directors. All in all, Van Wert High School is a high quality place to indulge in the high school experience as well as gain a superior education.
Overall the school is a good school for education. They offer many different classes and clubs to further your high school and college education and social life. It is the typical school when dealing with cliques/bullies. They do what they can. Most of the teachers I had were average or better in that they did enough but nothing overboard to help if problems arose. I missed a lot of school due illnesses/concussion from sports. Truancy was brought up before being asked if something was causing the problem. We had doctors slips, etc. for all illnesses but still was told graduation might not happen if I continued to miss. At that time I still had a 3.5 GPA. I realize the state has something to say about hours attended but I feel the school needs to be more involved with what is going on in the students lives that is causing the problems. I am finishing my senior year online with college credit plus classes.