Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Van-Far Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Vandalia, MO. It has 277 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Van-Far Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-18 Students
- B14 Students
- C+12 Students
- B10 Students
- B+10 Students
- C+8 Students
- C+8 Students
- A-7 Students
- C6 Students
- B-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Van-Far Junior/Senior High School
- CBowling Green High School
- Bowling Green R-I School District, MO
- 27 reviews
- BWellsville High School
- Wellsville Middletown R-I School District, MO
- 22 reviews
- CMark Twain Senior High School
- Ralls County R-II School District, MO
- 14 reviews
- B-Community High School
- Community R-VI School District, MO
- 1 review
Van-Far Junior/Senior High School Reviews
My experience growing up in a very small school district was fun and kept me active in group activity,clubs,and my education. Van Far high school is a small school, so all the teachers know your name and always check up on you to make sure you’re grades as well as your mentality was okay! Which I love the most.
It’s a school that has issues keeping faculty and our sports activity facilities need updated and expanded. However, they do pretty well with what they’re given.
I think the teachers do the best they can with what they have. They need to be putting more money into our education. We have trouble getting enough textbooks because they are "too expensive". The students are deprived of a proper education through the school district. I believe this school would be a lot better if we focused more on the education of the students.