Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Van Buren High School is a public school located in Keosauqua, IA. It has 369 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A39 Students
- B-38 Students
- A29 Students
- B+20 Students
- B-16 Students
- B13 Students
- A10 Students
- B9 Students
- B7 Students
- C7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Van Buren High School Reviews
Van Buren High School is the type of school you dream of going to. At this school, you always have a teacher to help you no matter what. There is never a person sitting alone at lunch; every you is always included in everything. I love this school because the community is very involved in school activities, and everyone is like family and always looks out for each other. Van Buren high school is all around an amazing school to attend, but if I had to choose one thing to change, I would change the class size. There is around 1500 kids attending this school, and sometimes it's hard to be able to get help during the class hour with 25-30 students. Alothough, teachers stay after school or come earlier in the morning to help students.
As a student of van buren district since second grade, I have enjoyed attending the Edgemont elementary, north middle school, and Belleville high school. All three schools were resourceful, diverse, and a good environment.
For a high school, its pretty average. Nothing really unique about it. It's not the best, but there's always worse. Some teachers are a bit sketchy and even have questionable motives, while other teachers are the best and really wish to see their students succeed. Overall it all pretty much averages out.