Van Alstyne High School is an above average, public school located in Van Alstyne, TX. It has 446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Van Alstyne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+64 Students
- A+51 Students
- B-48 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+45 Students
- B+38 Students
- A35 Students
- B-32 Students
- A29 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Van Alstyne High School
- A-Celina High School
- Celina Independent School District, TX
- 97 reviews
- A-Melissa High School
- Melissa Independent School District, TX
- 104 reviews
- BBells High School
- Bells Independent School District, TX
- 80 reviews
- B+Gunter High School
- Gunter Independent School District, TX
- 78 reviews
Van Alstyne High School Reviews
The Van Alstyne Staff, for the most part, have done a very good job preparing me for college. The teachers were very attentive and took a personal interest in my learning. However, one thing I would change would have to be that the school district tends to hold kids back from their full potential. If the superintendent is challenged with a student voicing their opinion, he usually threatens them with punishment instead of listening to what that student has to say and creating a compromise. The school also should let seniors out early if they don't have class. Every other senior in America gets to do this and it's dumb that you're keeping us in school to try to keep us off drugs. Do you know how many times I have seen kids come out of the bathroom high? A ton. So kids are gonna do what they want anyways, might as well let the sober kids get out of school early.
The teachers really care about you and your future education. However, the dress code could be a little more relaxed, let the boys grow beards. Besides the dress code I have no other complaints about the school. Coming from a big school to little van Alstyne it was easy to tell that the environment was much better and there was a lot less alcohol and drug issues, witch is a very big positive. van Alstyne High School is a great school!
Van Alstyne High School was a good school economy and it focused mainly on us students to prepare for college and to make a future for ourselves. It is a good, loving school that treats there students fair and really well. High school was the best years of my life and I actually loved being at school for once and to get better at life to achieve my personal goals as an athlete and as a student now becoming an adult. My experience with this school was having so many memories that made me feel so happy with all of my friends and family being apart of this community.