Valparaiso High School is a highly rated, public school located in Valparaiso, IN. It has 2,068 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Valparaiso High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A486 Students
- A+415 Students
- B+272 Students
- B+245 Students
- A-165 Students
- B-139 Students
- B108 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Schools like Valparaiso High School
- A-Chesterton Senior High School
- Duneland School Corporation, IN
- 447 reviews
- B+Wheeler High School
- Union Township School Corporation, IN
- 101 reviews
- ACrown Point High School
- Crown Point Community School Corporation, IN
- 393 reviews
- B-Hebron High School
- Metropolitan School District of Boone Township, IN
- 66 reviews
Valparaiso High School Reviews
All of the teachers are incredibly helpful! Not only are their classes and lesson plans both interesting and engaging, but they are also willing to dedicate time after school hours to ensure that their students fully understand the material. We have a wide range of sports, clubs, and activities, so there really is something for everyone at VHS. Recent construction has given us brand new facilities and learning spaces. I'm excited to spend my senior year in such a wonderful school.
What I liked most about Valparaiso High school was the diversity of class choices that were offered to me through me time there. A lot of classes are being added to help prepare you for your future whether it be for the trades or college. One thing I wish to see change is the school, since being at Valpo the school has been under construction. I want to see the improvements in the school itself. Overall it is a great community school. I'm proud to be a Viking!
Valparaiso High School provides a lot of opportunity for extra curricular involvement, I have been apart of a sports and many clubs here. I also enjoyed the majority of classes I have taken. I have had some really good teachers, and some not so good ones. However, I think the administration can be limiting and supportive. There is so much potential to make school more enjoyable that the administration will constantly shoot down. I go onto college next year and I do not feel prepared at all. I often find it a struggle to get help here, especially academic related. As well as the parking situation at the school is ALWAYS a disaster.