When students and parents are considering Valor Christian High School, they often wonder about the place of Christian faith in the life of our school community. What does it mean to be a Christian school?
In partnership with committed parents, our mission is to provide a purpose-driven college preparatory program, within a vibrant Christ-centered environment that empowers students to discover their passions and to develop their unique gifts and abilities while growing in wisdom, knowledge, leadership, faith and service.
More than merely a statement, we hope this mission becomes the primary point of attraction for prospective families — and perhaps yours will be among them.
Valor Christian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-127 Students
- A-108 Students
- A-78 Students
- A68 Students
- A45 Students
- A+38 Students
- A-37 Students
- B34 Students
- A33 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Valor Christian High School Reviews
However, the entire culture of the school is dominated by athletics. While that's an important aspect of many kids' HS experience, there's a fine line where elevating on-field success and competitiveness over academic and behavioral standards is detrimental to the student. I've found the teachers are mostly in agreement that athletics play an outsized role in the school, but they're often arm-twisted by higher-level administrators into being overly flexible for students involved in athletics. If you look at the staff directory, you'll also notice considerable staff turnover year to year as many educators have grown tired of leaders who preach one thing and do another.