Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Valley View High School is an above average, public school located in Jonesboro, AR. It has 596 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Valley View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B299 Students
- grade A minus216 Students
- grade B97 Students
- grade B+47 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade C+41 Students
- grade B39 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade B34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responses
- Sporting events24%
- Prom dance.18%
- Performing arts16%
- Spirit Week5%
- Student-run community events5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,535 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 26 responses
Schools like Valley View High School
- grade BNettleton High School
- Nettleton School District, AR
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 124 reviews
- grade BRiverside High School
- Riverside School District, AR
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 21 reviews
- grade B+Brookland High School
- Brookland School District, AR
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 57 reviews
- grade C+Bay High School
- Bay School District, AR
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 16 reviews
Valley View High School Reviews
Rating 3.95 out of 5 137 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Valley View. There is a good variety of teachers, and the facilities are amazing. I never worried about my education lacking. The athletic department offers so many opportunities. Many athletes at Valley View end up being collegiate athletes. The school also is a big advocate for parent involvement if they are able to; this encourages kids and makes them feel very comfortable. Therefore, the school is an amazing place to send your kid for education, athletics, friendship, and a safe place.
Valley View High School gives you a real high school experience. You get the mean English teachers with a few exceptions. You get the mean girls and country boys who are too big for their britches. But that's part of it. You get the full experience of what it's like to be a high school student. I have loved all of my teachers. They have helped me prepare for college. Their sports programs are amazing except for basketball. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. I met my best friends there. I never had the lunch food, but I heard it's pretty good. The only change I wish we could make is that we could leave the school during lunch.
In my experience here, the teachers are overworked and you won’t get things graded in a timely manner. However, if you pay attention in class and study in your own time, you should be able to pass your classes fairly easily. The food is mediocre, and socially, some things aren’t taken seriously. In my remaining time at this school, I hope that I can change things for years to come.