Valley View High School
- Archbald, PA
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Valley View High School is a public school located in Archbald, PA. It has 741 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Valley View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+98 Students
- grade A minus90 Students
- grade B minus69 Students
- grade A minus66 Students
- grade A62 Students
- grade B54 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade A minus41 Students
- grade B34 Students
- grade B33 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Friday night football games43%
- The plays29%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,423 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 19 responses
Schools like Valley View High School
- grade BWestern Wayne High School
- Western Wayne School District, PA
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 154 reviews
- grade C+Lakeland Junior/Senior High School
- Lakeland School District, PA
- Rating 3.47 out of 5 95 reviews
- grade B minusLackawanna Trail Junior/Senior High School
- Lackawanna Trail School District, PA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 75 reviews
- grade B minusPittston Area Senior High School
- Pittston Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 162 reviews
Valley View High School Reviews
Rating 3.21 out of 5 105 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Solid (albeit unfortunately underfunded) music program with instructors who give it their all each and every day. Color guard in marching band was a blast, 10/10 would twirl again. English teachers rock, obv. Science folks as well -- very passionate! Ah, gotta love some teachers at VVHS. Others . . . may have boosted VV on to the news, and not in a good way. Every school has its ups and downs, but these four years are ones I won't soon forget! Thanks for the memories.
Personally, I have had an amazing experience with Valley View. Whenever I have had an issue, the school has always been extremely helpful with helping me make sure it is taken care of. The only issue in my opinion, is that they shift way too much of their attention and money towards football. Although our school has an exceptional record, we seem to give the football team by far the most money and equipment. Other less popular but important extracurriculars like mock trial and girls who code have not been given the same treatment. Other than that, I have loved the years I've spent as a student of Valley View High School.
I like how my school feels like a community. There is a lot of support within the school and help is always available. Whether someone is getting bullied, having financial problems, or just needs someone to talk to, the administration and students are always there to help. When it comes to scheduling and classes, the guidance office attempts to accommodate their need.