Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Valley Stream North High School is an above average, public school located in Franklin Square, NY. It has 1,375 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Valley Stream North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus151 Students
- grade B137 Students
- grade B+131 Students
- grade A+128 Students
- grade B99 Students
- grade B95 Students
- grade A minus89 Students
- grade B76 Students
- grade A+73 Students
- grade A+69 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responses
- Spirit week-class acts33%
- Going home13%
- Talent show12%
- Football games10%
- School musicals/plays10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$25,089 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 28 responses
Schools like Valley Stream North High School
- grade AValley Stream South High School
- Valley Stream Central High School District, NY
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 185 reviews
- grade AW. Tresper Clarke High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 124 reviews
- grade A minusWest Hempstead High School
- West Hempstead Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 157 reviews
- grade A minusBaldwin Senior High School
- Baldwin Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 490 reviews
Valley Stream North High School Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 143 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I’m a senior at this school and I genuinely can’t see myself going anyplace else. It’s super diverse, everybody is inviting, easy to make friends, not cliquey, it’s like one big family and everybody gets along. Instructors are amazing they are kind, relatable, and plan us well for exams. Plenty of AP’s are offered, numerous programs like culinary, performing arts, and cosmetology. Security is taken exceptionally seriously, a lot of clubs offered, and plenty of honor societies. The sports teams are extraordinary. North has formed who I am and I’m so happy I didn’t listen to the rumors almost North. In the end, I made so many amazing friends from all sorts of backgrounds; ethnically and educationally. This can be a really promising school. I trust one-day North gets the genuine recognition it deserves, being a warm and inviting place for each individual of every background and pleasing to any dreams and interests that you may have.
I appreciated the overall High school experience in comparison to how such a milestone in life is compared to through television, books or movies. In terms of academics and sports, the level of difficulty definitely varies depending on teachers, material and interaction with other peers/classmates. The festivities of North High School were if not, the most exciting and well planned out events every school year until about Junior year of 2017, mainly because of the switch in principals and overall made adjustments because of due protocol by this new figure in charge. Everything kind of went down hill from there so 3 stars not only unbiased, but accurate.
During my time at Valley Stream North High School, there have been various waves of mixed feelings. It's no secret that the conditions of the school are terrible, new policies have been implemented, students and even faculty members have a lot to complain about, whether its the lack of a motivated janitorial staff or their overall wellness and health feeling worse when walking into and throughout the school. Other than a mostly uniform faculty, dirty hallways, and bland lunch foods in the cafeteria, what really makes a student's time at north worth it is the spirit of their peers. The majority of students at this school love it because of the energy you get being in a class that you can enjoy because it seems that your teacher enjoys being with you, or the raw connection and excitement you feel at school events, which forms bond with other peers that'll provide memories that last for a lifetime.