Valley Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Deep River, CT. It has 638 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Valley Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-107 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-34 Students
- B+34 Students
- B32 Students
- B26 Students
- A+24 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Valley Regional High School
- ALyme-Old Lyme High School
- Regional School District No. 18, CT
- 39 reviews
- A-Daniel Hand High School
- Madison School District, CT
- 195 reviews
- A-Westbrook High School
- Westbrook School District, CT
- 51 reviews
- A-East Hampton High School
- East Hampton School District, CT
- 67 reviews
Valley Regional High School Reviews
Good young teachers, but many are poor and I have no idea why they're still there (especially in the math department). I can only name one good math teacher, and he's reserved for the higher levels like calculus because the other teachers are probably unable to teach it. English and social studies departments are good, and sciences are on the better side of average. Terrible administration, has no idea what they're doing, does nothing to benefit the students, and only does things to make themselves look good. Barely any diversity whatsoever in the student body, but that's simply because of the school's size and location.
I came to Valley Regional High School as a Sophomore in 2014-2015 to be amazed at how much this public school offers to its students. VRHS is so advanced for its time and is rated one of the top public high schools in Connecticut. VRHS is involved in giving its students a one of a kind high school experience. After making it through the curriculum at Valley, I feel extremely prepared for college due to all the college course offerings that Valley offers through AP courses and UCONN accredited courses. I am also extremely grateful for their wonderful teachers who always give the students their undivided attention and help in any area they can give it. I am very proud to be an alumnus from Valley Regional High School and I am very grateful for what they have given me and how they have prepared me for my further education.
From my 3 full years at VRHS, I have had good, and some not so good experiences. To start with the good, I have been challenged to my full potential, not only in the classroom but on the field. In my studies I am pushed to do the best I can. I really think my teachers care about me and my classmates, as they are always open to help me.The same is with sports. Not only do I work as hard as I can because I am pushed to, but have found a bond between me and my team. Track is a very independent sport, I have felt nothing but support from my team mates and coaches.As I have gone through good grades and soccer wins, there are definitely some features of Valley Regional that were not to my liking. One thing is there is not diversity among students. This becomes obvious at events when we mix with other schools. I think this makes us unprepared for the "real world" as we are not exposed to culture. Overall, I have enjoyed my 3 years at Valley and will continue to finish my senior year here.