Valley Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Deep River, CT. It has 600 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Valley Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-116 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+46 Students
- B+36 Students
- A-35 Students
- B35 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B26 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Valley Regional High School
- ALyme-Old Lyme High School
- Regional School District No. 18, CT
- 41 reviews
- A+Daniel Hand High School
- Madison School District, CT
- 201 reviews
- B+Westbrook High School
- Westbrook School District, CT
- 51 reviews
- A-East Hampton High School
- East Hampton School District, CT
- 68 reviews
Valley Regional High School Reviews
As a learning experience, Valley is one of the best schools out there. Valley is a smaller high school, with about 600 students, which gives each class a smaller and more intimate feel. Many of the teachers, especially those that teach AP courses, are excellent, and have given me a great education throughout these three years. For me, the best part about Valley has been the diverse extracurricular activities available to students. I participate in many clubs and after school activities from sports to musical, and every activity has taught me just as much as the classes I take, which is a real credit to Valley as a whole.
Good young teachers, but many are poor and I have no idea why they're still there (especially in the math department). I can only name one good math teacher, and he's reserved for the higher levels like calculus because the other teachers are probably unable to teach it. English and social studies departments are good, and sciences are on the better side of average. Terrible administration, has no idea what they're doing, does nothing to benefit the students, and only does things to make themselves look good. Barely any diversity whatsoever in the student body, but that's simply because of the school's size and location.
My experience at Valley Regional High School has been great. The academics are very rigorous and challenging and the small-school atmosphere enables students to pursue various school activities. However, the administration at Valley Regional is sub-par at best. They spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on pointless photography classes but there are textbooks which our outdated and/or worn out.