COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
For the most up to date information about Valley's response to COVID-19 and our plans for re-opening, please visit: https://www.vcs.net/covid Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
At Valley Christian High School, students pursue their educational passions with the opportunity to initiate or grow in Christian faith. With access to a rich combination of core classes and electives in a rigorous, comprehensive college preparatory environment, VCHS students have the opportunity to explore a variety of disciplines that lead them to achieve their God-intended purposes. Through our Dual Credit program, Academic and College Counseling staff, 1 to 1 iPad utilization, and in-depth programs such as the Applied Math, Science, and Engineering Institute, the Business & Entrepreneurship Initiative, the Conservatory of the Arts, and championship-level Athletics programs, we strive to provide each student with a customized high school experience that sets them up for success academically, professionally, and personally.
Valley Christian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+318 Students
- A+248 Students
- A236 Students
- A235 Students
- A+229 Students
- A+209 Students
- A192 Students
- A186 Students
- B183 Students
- A+176 Students
Amazing Academic Opportunities For Every Student
Students may select from 50 honors & AP classes, but VCHS also offers up to 110 college credits taken on campus via our Dual Credit program. Students needing a less challenging academic load may design their schedule accordingly. For those with STEM interests, our internationally-recognized AMSE Institute offers incredible hands-on research experiments placed from outer space to the ocean floor!
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Valley Christian High School Reviews
Huge gap between advanced courses and regular courses. You're either floating through easy as pie or massively swamped and stressed out.
Teacher retention rate isn't the highest, but that logically makes sense due to the fact that the Bay Area (specifically San Jose, where Valley is located) has extremely high housing costs which aren't usually suitable for teachers.
I personally enjoyed the amount of opportunities available. From Robotics to Coding Clubs to even Ultimate Frisbee, there is something for everyone at Valley- be it sports or career or recreational.
Good balance between academic and athletic quality- better than most schools in the area. But Valley is definitely not the best high school in CA.
In the words of some, Valley is Not a "Christian school with a football team", but a "Football school with a Christian theme."
By far the most accurate statement I've heard referencing Valley.