Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Valley Central High School is an above average, public school located in Montgomery, NY. It has 1,370 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Valley Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-111 Students
- A+103 Students
- B92 Students
- A-89 Students
- C+89 Students
- B84 Students
- B+70 Students
- B69 Students
- A68 Students
- B+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Valley Central High School
- B+Highland High School
- Highland Central School District, NY
- 65 reviews
- B-Ellenville High School
- Ellenville Central School District, NY
- 64 reviews
- B+Wallkill Senior High School
- Wallkill Central School District, NY
- 133 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 450 reviews
Valley Central High School Reviews
The teachers are down to Earth and understand that the students are human too, most of the time. Faculty is pretty friendly, but the administration team has a limited sense of presence. The art department is determined to help those who want to pursue the arts in their career, and I imagine it'd be the same for the music department too. Very safe, I've only seen a fight break out twice in the four years I've been here. The bathroom upkeep is pretty bad though, and the quality of the resources are pretty lack luster, but the school's connection to Orange-ULSTER BOCES makes up for that, allowing students to learn about things like aviation, networking, nursing, computer programming, welding, among other things, and even gain certificates that allow students to work in the field they're studying.
loved the teachers. it was an okay school for the most part. there wasn't a lot of talk when it came to talk about college I wish they would've made more of an effort to talk about college and teach us about college and everything it comes with. it didn't really prepare you for applying to college. everything was up to the student. many teachers really put so much time and effort into the students but many don't. many teachers care so much and many don't. the sports wasn't bad. there were all the sports that the other schools offer. there are many clubs and activities as well. The administration is terrible. It sucks so much. There is no diversity. Very little diversity. The Muffins they have are amazing. I still miss those muffins to this day. A lot of the people in the kitchen care a lot about the students. They were always very nice and would be understanding. its not that bad just do what you need to do and get out. take advantage of the teachers that care for u.
I love that they are friendly and really helpful. The teachers are really good too. Meeting friends is good too, everyone is nice.