Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Valley Center High School is an above average, public school located in Valley Center, KS. It has 885 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Valley Center High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-173 Students
- A133 Students
- A-90 Students
- B69 Students
- C+63 Students
- B50 Students
- B+44 Students
- B32 Students
- B-25 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Valley Center High School
- BHalstead High School
- Halstead Unified School District, KS
- 37 reviews
- BSedgwick High School
- Sedgwick Public Schools, KS
- 39 reviews
- BNorthwest High School
- Wichita Unified School District, KS
- 227 reviews
- B+Andale High School
- Renwick Unified School District, KS
- 150 reviews
Valley Center High School Reviews
Valley Center High School is a 5A school with roughly 800 students enrolled currently. I have attended Valley Center Schools throughout my whole life from pre-school to now senior year in high school. Overall my experience with VCHS has been fantastic. Being an honor student and student athlete, I have never had a teacher unwilling to work around the busy schedule of student athletes. These teachers have taught me the importance of communication with adults. It is also seen throughout the school the culture change that has occurred over the years to have a more supportive environment for all sports/activities. One thing that could be changed is that while the student body supports each other more, there are still cases of admin showing slight favoritism towards "popular" kids and football players. Once this is eliminated the school culture will be an example for surrounding schools and make it a safe place for all persons.
The teachers at Valley Center High School are exemplary. However the administration sing a very different tune. They unreasonably jump to conclusions that for myself may have ruined my chances of getting into a college of my choosing. I studied well and took the most rigorous corses, but the administration with one single misunderstanding made all of that irrelevant.
I love that VCHS is working on to improve not only with new sports (i.e. bowling and swimming), but they are working on to improve the life around high school students. They've added in study halls and they've made it a comfortable place to talk one-on-one with teachers about improvements and much more. The things they should improve on, however, are how to handle situations where it creates unnecessary drama. Not much, but otherwise a great school!