Valley Center High School is a highly rated, public school located in Valley Center, CA. It has 1,154 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Valley Center High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-127 Students
- B125 Students
- A101 Students
- A+94 Students
- B-93 Students
- A83 Students
- A73 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Valley Center High School
- NGValley Center Prep
- Valley Center-Pauma Unified School District, CA
- 1 review
- A-San Pasqual High School
- Escondido Union High School District, CA
- 559 reviews
- A-El Camino High School
- Oceanside Unified School District, CA
- 481 reviews
- BVista High School
- Vista Unified School District, CA
- 529 reviews
Valley Center High School Reviews
As a graduating senior at Valley Center High School I have experienced many things at this school. To start, the teachers are a hit or a miss, some are (in my opinion) amazing and others have no idea what they are doing and might as well just have a student teach. The safety is awful, they have locks on the emergency exits which is very dangerous. The "security" hired are VERY scary. the school has just about weekly fights that result in teachers breaking them up, not the hired security. Also the so called "security" invades the students privacy by looking into their cars while the student is in class and sometimes while the student is still in the car (I witnessed this first hand). The administration is very rude and have no time for their students, if you have a question you must make an appointment to talk with anyone. As for college readiness I have never felt more underprepared for anything.
I was fortunate enough to attend Valley Center High School for the full four years. From the time I stepped onto the campus for my freshman year to the time I walked across the graduation stage, I always felt a sense of the teachers and faculty wanting to help you achieve more. Each classroom I went into i received a hello and extensive help in which the teachers wanted you to learn rather than get it right away. They would take time out of their lunches and breaks to clarify points from the lecture or go over review problems for the upcoming tests. The sports were structured very well and allowed students to be athletes on the side. Overall, I have loved my time at Valley Center High and recommend it to anyone looking for an inclusive and whole-some education for their child.
An excellent school that prioritizes academics with teachers that care for their students' success. A lot of great facilities, a big well maintained gym and professional theater stage are just two of many. The school has additional support programs to help students with their work and prepare them for college. Sports are a big staple of this school.