Valley Center High School is a highly rated, public school located in Valley Center, CA. It has 1,154 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Valley Center High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B142 Students
- A-137 Students
- A117 Students
- A+103 Students
- C+102 Students
- A92 Students
- A80 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Valley Center High School
- C+Valley Center Prep
- Valley Center-Pauma Unified School District, CA
- 1 review
- ASan Pasqual High School
- Escondido Union High School District, CA
- 569 reviews
- A-El Camino High School
- Oceanside Unified School District, CA
- 495 reviews
- B+Vista High School
- Vista Unified School District, CA
- 540 reviews
Valley Center High School Reviews
As an alumni, I look back at Valley Center High school as a school that pushed students academically forward. There are many teachers there that helped students get ready for college courses as well as took a personal interest in students' success. I feel that Valley Center High School's extracurriculars were also excellent and assisted in bringing passion to learning. However, I feel that some curriculums should be better reviewed in the math and science departments.
Being apart of Valley Center High school for four years was such a memorizing and memorable experience that I will cherish forever. The entire teaching staff are fantastic and try to make everyone extremely comfortable no matter the circumstances. I was able to establish my true passions, and implement those to a career that I will thoroughly enjoy. Valley center high was a sense of home away from home for me and I will never forget all the trials, tribulations and successes that have made me into the person I am today.
As a graduating senior at Valley Center High School I have experienced many things at this school. To start, the teachers are a hit or a miss, some are (in my opinion) amazing and others have no idea what they are doing and might as well just have a student teach. The safety is awful, they have locks on the emergency exits which is very dangerous. The "security" hired are VERY scary. the school has just about weekly fights that result in teachers breaking them up, not the hired security. Also the so called "security" invades the students privacy by looking into their cars while the student is in class and sometimes while the student is still in the car (I witnessed this first hand). The administration is very rude and have no time for their students, if you have a question you must make an appointment to talk with anyone. As for college readiness I have never felt more underprepared for anything.