Valhalla High School is a highly rated, public school located in Valhalla, NY. It has 499 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Valhalla High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-51 Students
- A-37 Students
- A+34 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+31 Students
- B30 Students
- B29 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-27 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Valhalla High School
- AWalter Panas High School
- Lakeland Central School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 247 reviews
- ADumont High School
- Dumont Public School District, NJ
- 153 reviews
- A-New Milford High School
- New Milford Public School District, NJ
- 93 reviews
- ANanuet Senior High School
- Nanuet Union Free School District, NY
- 96 reviews
Valhalla High School Reviews
One word to describe my experience at Valhalla High School I would say is conflicted. I use the word conflicted because I disagree with the handling of situations I've seen occur. I feel that there are not enough outlets for students to be who they are. We are restricted from leaving the building so we should at least have an area created to hang out. The area by the windows serve as a hang out spot, but we're always told to leave. I feel that there is not enough advice given for us students as a whole. Along with awareness issues and preventions. It should be talked about instead of giving tests on how you feel about your school and your peers around you. I truly like seeing positivity being spread from our teachers. I can truly say, only a few portray that type of attitude. We need to be encouraged rather than belittled. If you really want your students happy and see them succeed in school I advise making a change in handling situations and the mindset our teacher's display.
Excellent public school, great school to grow up in! Still in touch with former classmates to this day. Teachers are always available for help and plenty of after school activities to choose from.
Size of the school is great and teachers are passionate about their subjects, however the administration is poor at planning, scheduling and sending out notes that are not mispelled.