Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Vale High School is an above average, public school located in Vale, OR. It has 263 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Vale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+66 Students
- C+49 Students
- A-49 Students
- B43 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-23 Students
- B18 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Vale High School Reviews
Vale High School is a great final stop before a student heads into the adult world. With helpful staff and great school spirit, Vale High School is like no other! Vale High School raises their students to know that excellence is the expectation.
I have always appreciated the Vale High School for the dedication it has to help students achieve their dream. The school also appreciates those who achieve their apex goals and earn accolades, showing what we call, "Viking Pride." Also, the teacher work really hard with each student and provides their needs. However, I think that they could improve when it comes to music and the arts. So far, our school only has one class related to creativity and that is Art. I feel like the school could provide enough money to start more clubs and even put on a music program.
After graduation from Vale high school in 2017 I can look back on my experience there as a great stepping stone before heading out to college. Vale, Oregon is a small town, and everyone pretty much knows everyone which makes the whole town seem like a family. Going through the school district it was very clear the teachers and administration wanted everyone to have a change at a positive future. I found that even though the school didn't sufficient funds to meet the needs of the students I found that the family culture built there made for a positive experience. I really felt comfortable with all the teachers because I could see they had interest in all their student’s futures. What really made my high school experience great was how close the community was and how involved they were with the school. Vale high school has a great environment from school clubs, sports, dances, etc. They truly care about helping students succeed and taking the next step in their lives.