Urban Science Academy is a public, magnet school located in West Roxbury, MA. It has 328 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B74 Students
- A+54 Students
- A44 Students
- A+41 Students
- B39 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-34 Students
- C+28 Students
- B-27 Students
- C+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Urban Science Academy Reviews
My experience, at Urban Sciene Academy was overall a good experience. The teachers took their time, to make sure the students understood what they were teaching. Ms. Saxenna was one of the many teachers who took the time, to get to know their students. She built strongs connections with students especially seniors. She truly made my senior year, last block class the best for me. The school really has awesome teachers. The principle Mr.Cook is the best principle, I have had during my 4 years at Urban Science Academy. He truly wants the best for the students and it really showed. However the whole West Roxbury Educational Complex building, was never anything to be proud of. The ceilings would leak, and there would be missing boards that cover the ceilings. The place was never a fun or exciting sight to look at. Overall my high school experience was good, and thanks to Urban Science Academy I will never forget it.
What I like most about Urban Science Academy is that it is a strong community, everyone know everyone. It's not just a regular school its more of a family. The teachers are the foundation to it all, they look out for us and are the ones who help us grow. They believe in you more than you do, and even though our school isn't the nicest and doesn't receive a lot of funding, we always find a way to get it ourselves.
Urban Science Academy is a good school to attend to with great teachers to help you with not only schoolwork, but also helps prepare you in life. The school does well with resources and prepare students for College. The only problem is that we are connected with West Roxbury High and their status is pretty poor. They have a lot of non motivated students. Also, USA does not have a lot of good activities compared to other High Schools in MA. And both schools are in bad conditions. We have mice, leaks and broken doors. I don't think the school have enough money to get those problems fixed.