Upper St. Clair High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A155 Students
- A+147 Students
- A-76 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+45 Students
- A-41 Students
- A+40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Upper St. Clair High School
- A+Quaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- 192 reviews
- A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- 290 reviews
- A+Fox Chapel Area High School
- Fox Chapel Area School District, PA
- 269 reviews
- APeters Township High School
- Peters Township School District, PA
- 184 reviews
Upper St. Clair High School Reviews
Review Upper St. Clair High School
Every year we set up "freshman rush" which is when all of the school's clubs set up stands in the gym and everyone can look around at the diverse and unique clubs and organizations USC has to offer. There are hundreds and hundreds of clubs and organizations run through the school so almost anyone could find something they would be interested in getting involved in. And if what he or she is looking for is not already offered, they can start a new club as long as they find a sponser! I was involved in handful of different clubs and organizations and I absolutely loved all of them. My favorites were student council and a club called "kids helping kids" which centered around doing service work within our own community and the surrounding ones as well. Each club is unique in its own way and its a great way to make friends while sharing a common bond over whatever you may be passionate about!
I have learned so much at Upper St. Clair. I feel so prepared for college and they make the admissions process a breeze. My biggest critique is that our school churns out doctors and lawyers. I, on the other hand, am an art student. They say they "customize learning" but here they are, cutting the art department and I have an art teacher that cannot give me any advice on how to build a portfolio or aid in the very different fine arts application process. I feel like a lot of what USC does is train you to pass standardized test, but how is that going to help me in my future? Also, the pressure is so unbelievably high! Both at school and at home over academics and extracurriculars. I actually would run in front of cars and buses on my way to school because "if I had a broken femur, I couldn't go to class." Seriously! I would have panic attacks and feel suicidal on school nights because the pressure to perform well was so unbelievably high. I had to rewire my brain to accept "progress, not perfection" contrary to the school's standards.
This high school does not live up to its educational standards. The opportunities to repeat exams or assist grades by completing extra credit curves the grading scale in the student's favor. Additionally, teachers are not willing to challenge students.