Upper Merion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-130 Students
- A+105 Students
- A-85 Students
- A85 Students
- A+75 Students
- B+63 Students
- A+50 Students
- A37 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Upper Merion High School
- A+North Penn Senior High School
- North Penn School District, PA
- 530 reviews
- AAbington Senior High School
- Abington School District, PA
- 318 reviews
- ACheltenham High School
- Cheltenham School District, PA
- 308 reviews
- A+Wissahickon Senior High School
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- 211 reviews
Upper Merion High School Reviews
Review Upper Merion High School
I was a graduate of 2013 and I enjoyed my experience in that high school. Yes there were a few fights and of course there was discrepancies between students and the faculty, but that is typical of a high school. Nothing seemed to be out of hand. Bullying did occur but not to the extent that it could have gone compared to other high schools. The faulty seemed to have a good knowledge of how to handle things and helping the students that really liked challenging themselves. i enjoyed the art department the most. Mrs. Burns is the best!
Upper Merion is like home to me. I really loved all the people - students, teachers, and administrators. If there are students who don't love it, I just don't understand why. The classes can be tough. AP classes ask for too much time after school, on weekends, and in the SUMMER! I had to drop back to CP level in several courses but besides that I think the academic classes are great.
In terms of racial/ethnic/cultural/religious diversity, perhaps 5-stars would be a more accurate review. My school houses seemingly every religion from Islam to Buddhism, every ethnicity from Nepalese to Liberian, every race from white to Latino. Walking down a hallway, you might hear Arabic, Spanish, or Mandarin. In all honesty, ethnic groups did tend to stick together; although there were obviously exceptions, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Dominicans generally hung out together, East Asians hung out together, African Americans hung out together. Similarly, sexual orientation was never really a problem, even though similar individuals mostly stuck together. My school is very liberal and accepting, even though it is not particularly large.