Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Upper Merion High School is a highly rated, public school located in King Of Prussia, PA. It has 1,164 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Upper Merion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus260 Students
- grade A+211 Students
- grade A minus186 Students
- grade A174 Students
- grade B127 Students
- grade A+122 Students
- grade A+81 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade A minus64 Students
- grade B minus58 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 106 responses
- Diversity Day: sharing cultural food and tradition19%
- Physics Fun Day - amusement park for Physics!16%
- Pep Ralley12%
- Homecoming Week8%
- Fashion Shows - cultural and prom outfits6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,014 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 46 responses
Schools like Upper Merion High School
- grade A+North Penn Senior High School
- North Penn School District, PA
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 626 reviews
- grade AAbington Senior High School
- Abington School District, PA
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 380 reviews
- grade A minusCheltenham High School
- Cheltenham School District, PA
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 382 reviews
- grade A+Wissahickon Senior High School
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 254 reviews
Upper Merion High School Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 318 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Upper Merion high school is an amazing experience that combines fun and learning. The school building is old, but it does not compromise student experience. The teachers and the faculty are very helpful. Each student gets individual attention, with almost subjects. There are many AP subjects available including maths, science, and arts courses. The community is somewhat diverse. The school has many culture clubs that make everyone feel accepted. Apart from that, the school has an amazing music program. The teachers and the faculty in the department are very supportive. The counselors are also very supportive student's personal problems and academic advice.
The school is overall pretty good. Every student gets a laptop, and the learning environment is ok. I think we get too much homework, but that's how it is for most schools in America. The teachers are all pretty nice and understanding, although there are of course some unpopular teachers. We're fairly diverse, and there's not a lot of bullying or anything like that. The quality of our sports vary across the board, but generally they're pretty good. We have spirit day and such, but they aren't very big. Our library is very good, although the building is a little rough. The good news is, they're building a new building soon!
Upper Merion Area High School is a very open school, it accepted all unique individuals, and has in most of my experience a very kind staff. During my school years, most of the teachers I had were understanding and worked with me but some were not as helpful where my fellow students and I did not understand and upon going for help received criticism. The clubs are also diverse and modern, especially the mental health club that helped its students become a community and provided them support. However in the school district with some of the staff at the elementary schools, based off of my brothers' experience, is lacking. My two younger brothers needed extra support, especially the youngest who has autism, and from what I seen they were not properly receiving the support they needed and had a right to.