Upper Merion High School is a top rated, public school located in King of Prussia, PA. It has 1,172 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Upper Merion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A198 Students
- A+158 Students
- A-137 Students
- A132 Students
- A+90 Students
- B88 Students
- A66 Students
- A+50 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Upper Merion High School
- A+North Penn Senior High School
- North Penn School District, PA
- 563 reviews
- AAbington Senior High School
- Abington School District, PA
- 340 reviews
- A-Cheltenham High School
- Cheltenham School District, PA
- 337 reviews
- A+Wissahickon Senior High School
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- 228 reviews
Upper Merion High School Reviews
The school is overall pretty good. Every student gets a laptop, and the learning environment is ok. I think we get too much homework, but that's how it is for most schools in America. The teachers are all pretty nice and understanding, although there are of course some unpopular teachers. We're fairly diverse, and there's not a lot of bullying or anything like that. The quality of our sports vary across the board, but generally they're pretty good. We have spirit day and such, but they aren't very big. Our library is very good, although the building is a little rough. The good news is, they're building a new building soon!
Upper Merion Area High School has a lot of diversity and many clubs that allow for students to find others with similar interests and befriend them, providing a more welcoming environment. They have an event twice a school year called Challenge Day, that is meant to break the proverbial ice between everyone and share that no matter what is happening in our lives, we are all dealing with stressful experiences in one way or another and should try to be there for one another. Although this is an amazing event, I believe that Upper Merion is just like every other high school with nothing too special. I really do hope that this new building that's meant to come in years to come, happens sooner than later because walking the halls that have been there for decades with little to no change, while holding an apple mac book is an interesting experience.
Upper Merion High School can't be judged on appearance. The building is decades on decades old, with the occasional cockroach in the bathroom. Nevertheless, this building became my home with the inspiring faculty and diversity of students. The rarity of cliques brought the student body in close, comforting quarters. The four minute breaks between classes didn't feel long enough, as I'd say hi to every friendly face I came across. It definitely took some getting used to the conditions of the building, but the values and people within definitely made my high school experience forever cherished.