Upper Dublin High School is a top rated, public school located in Fort Washington, PA. It has 1,371 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Upper Dublin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-313 Students
- A+253 Students
- A190 Students
- A-151 Students
- A+139 Students
- B138 Students
- A103 Students
- A82 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Upper Dublin High School
- APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- 151 reviews
- AMethacton High School
- Methacton School District, PA
- 294 reviews
- ASouderton Area Senior High School
- Souderton Area School District, PA
- 306 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 148 reviews
Upper Dublin High School Reviews
The facilities at the high school were incredible. Complete renovations were finished in 2012, and the arts and sports departments were stellar. Teacher experience varied, as in all schools, but the gap between some teachers expecting very little and others teaching high above the foundational curriculum, to the point of vast confusion and discomfort, was troublesome at times. Also, the district is predominantly white, and as a person of color I had a hard time feeling as if I belonged there. There was a dissapointing minority of teachers of color, as well. Some efforts were made during Black history Month to include cultures which we lacked, but more efforts would have been appreciated. Overall, I felt very blessed to attend such a privileged school.
As a student who is graduating from Upper Dublin this year in 2020, I think that the school has a great campus and the student body is reasonably diverse with the majority of the school being made up of Caucasian students and Asian students while African American students are the minority in the district. The culture at the school is heavily shaped by the students who attend the school and the teachers who teach in it. In Upper Dublin, the culture is often centered around athletics and academics but often times the academics are overemphasized and the teachers are simply going through the motions without true care about any particular student. It is clear in Upper Dublin that while academics are at the forefront of what "we do" it is up to the student to oftentimes teach themselves or drown in the work that is piled on to continuously have you working towards that oh so important standardized test grade.
I have been an Upper Dublin Cardinal since September 2007 when I stepped foot in Jarrettown Elementary School. It's been 13 years, and I still love UD as much as I loved it in kindergarten. Through Upper Dublin, I have been given countless opportunities. Great teachers and staff, interesting classes and advanced technology, among other things. From having a club for kids with divorced parents in elementary school to having the chance to perform in a beautiful auditorium- UD has it all. Specifically, in high school I have been prepared for the next 4 years so well. My teachers and guidance counselors have been some of the best resources in helping me figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life, and the friends I've made have been my biggest supporters. Upper Dublin High School and the rest of the school districts are such quality schools that provide a great education, have great staff, and endless opportunities for success.