Upper Darby Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Drexel Hill, PA. It has 3,717 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Upper Darby Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-840 Students
- A-622 Students
- A+608 Students
- B397 Students
- A+370 Students
- C+299 Students
- A273 Students
- B-221 Students
- B+212 Students
- B177 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.49 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.93 responses
Schools like Upper Darby Senior High School
- A-Mount Pleasant High School
- Brandywine School District, DE
- 262 reviews
- BWoodbury Junior/Senior High School
- Woodbury City Public School District, NJ
- 58 reviews
- B+Cherry Hill High School West
- Cherry Hill School District, NJ
- 219 reviews
- B-Northeast High School
- Philadelphia City School District, PA
- 633 reviews
Upper Darby Senior High School Reviews
To be completely honest, the facilities at the school aren’t great and the classrooms are overcrowded. However, what makes Upper Darby HS such an incredible school are the teachers. During my time at Upper Darby my teachers were tough but they were fair. Many of them taught me the value of hard work and dedication. When I was applying to colleges and trying to determine what I should study, my AP US History teacher encouraged me to dream big because he believed I could have a real impact on the world. That was the push I needed to pursue a career in medicine. To this day, I still use the life lessons I learned at Upper Darby. For example, I learned from being in choir and band to always show up to meetings, concerts, anything with a start time early. I learned the value of dressing up and the confidence that comes with presenting myself well. I learned how to give presentations and exude confidence from my AP English Literature teacher. Overall Upper Darby was a great school.
My experience at Upper Darby Senior High School was very event full. Although I had many ups, I experienced many downs as well. Being a transfer student from a small catholic school in 9th grade was a drastic change. From the large amount of students to the diversity of different races and ethnic groups. It wasn't hard to make friends at all, the students were very friendly and the teachers were very welcoming. Although I came from a prestigious high school with advance classes, I had to start at the very bottom when I transferred. I was wrongly placed in classes that were way below my academic abilities and I also felt like my counselor at the time just rushed my information because it was her last year and the school year was almost over. But I didn't let that stop me, I began asking questions and with the help and support of my new counselor, I was able to take the classes I belonged in.
I am a junior going into my senior year at Upper Darby High School. My experience here has been pretty good. The thing that stands out most is how diverse our school is. There are a variety of different cultures that not only make up our school but the entire school district. Our athletic programs are very competitive and we have an outstanding arts and music program. Academic wise there are numerous courses for our students to choose from. The faculty and staff here are for the most part friendly. I will say that some of our facilities could use some upgrading. There are tons of opportunities for everyone to thrive here, you just have to put yourself out there.