Upper Darby Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Drexel Hill, PA. It has 3,621 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Upper Darby Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-680 Students
- A-503 Students
- A+501 Students
- A+326 Students
- B309 Students
- C+238 Students
- A228 Students
- B-185 Students
- B+169 Students
- A+147 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.86 responses
Schools like Upper Darby Senior High School
- A-Mount Pleasant High School
- Brandywine School District, DE
- 247 reviews
- BWoodbury Junior/Senior High School
- Woodbury City Public School District, NJ
- 55 reviews
- B+Cherry Hill High School West
- Cherry Hill School District, NJ
- 205 reviews
- B-Northeast High School
- Philadelphia City School District, PA
- 593 reviews
Upper Darby Senior High School Reviews
My school is very big and beautiful that looks shiny from a far away. The site of my school was very quiet as well as pollution-free. There were two stairways at both ends that help me get to each floor. The school was well furnished including a well-instrumented science research laboratory, a big library, as well as one computer laboratory on the first floor. There was a school lecture theatre located on the ground floor in which the entire annual meetings and functions take place. My school provides a safe, secure environment for me to learn and interact with my classmates. I am proud of my school because it provides me with all the basic facilities like a big playground, a central library, a big auditorium hall, a science lab, and a good computer lab. under the guidance of the best teachers.
I LOVED my time at UD. It gets a bad rap for a small group of stupid kids who make poor life decisions, but if you know how to steer clear of that crowd that's present in most high schools you will love your time at UDHS. The school is famous for their music programs, both curricular and extracurricular, as well as their track and field and cross country teams. I was part of the UDHS Marching Band and the Encore Singers for 2 years and the Indoor Drumline,Choir and the Orchestra for all 4 years of my career there. When you find your group of people, you build a family, and the music department was that for me. In addition to activities, the faculty present are amazing and only want the best for you. I took 9 AP courses while I was there, and with the the assistance of my guidance counselor and my teachers, I came to college fully prepared with the skills and knowledge needed to exceed in my field.
I believe that Upper Darby High School is an incredibly diverse microcosm that has prepared me, and thousands of other students, for the rich inter-workings of the outside world. It houses over 3,500 students, with an abundance of ethnicities, nationalities and languages that are so unique to the Upper Darby Royals High School experience. The opportunities granted to students are so plentiful, and the exposure to different cultures compels students to be open-minded and positive. The overall experience at Upper Darby High School, much like the real world, is what you make of it.