Upland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+254 Students
- B198 Students
- A192 Students
- A190 Students
- B+181 Students
- A+180 Students
- A-172 Students
- A-156 Students
- A+151 Students
- A+145 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.88 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
Schools like Upland High School
- NGHillside High School
- Upland Unified School District, CA
- 2 reviews
- B+Etiwanda High School
- Chaffey Joint Union High School District, CA
- 728 reviews
- A-South Hills High School
- Covina-Valley Unified School District, CA
- 329 reviews
- BCharter Oak High School
- Charter Oak Unified School District, CA
- 272 reviews
Upland High School Reviews
I loved my high school experience! Nothing but positive things to say about my high school. Let's first start off with the teachers I had. I have not one bad thing to say about my teachers I had all four years pf high school. The way our teachers prepared us for the real world really makes me appreciate how much time my teachers took out of their day. Our school thrives in its clubs and sports! Also, the diversity in our school is magnificent and proves that no matter what race or age you are, someone will always be there to help and guide you through high school.
Overall, I had a good experience here. Most of the teachers cared for their students and I only had a few that were overly tough or unreasonable. I felt very safe on the campus especially because of the surrounding gates. The people who work in the office are all friendly and will help you with anything you need. The counselours are always busy and its hard to find time to go and speak to them, but my counselor was always friendly during the mandatory sessions. The campus itself is large and well kept, so it was always a nice experience walking around the campus. We have a great football team and some very talented athletes at this school!
I began my career at Upland High School when I entered as a freshman in 2014. Since then, my experiences have only continued to grow through both the classes I have taken and the countless extra-curricular activities I was given the chance to participate in. While I may come to school for zero period sleep deprived and yearning for a soft bed, the lessons and skills that I have learned are far worth the sometimes lack of rest. The teachers at Upland are overall very friendly and well-credentialed, ready to assist their students with any problem they may have. I have taken the hardest AP courses that the school offers, and each one has provided me with a superior education that I feel will more than adequately prepare me for college. Despite the sometimes crazy people and tests on material that my friends and I swear was not covered in the chapter, our time at Upland will one day be looked back upon with nothing but smiles.