Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Upland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Upland, CA. It has 3,195 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Upland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+453 Students
- A356 Students
- A354 Students
- A+307 Students
- B303 Students
- A-293 Students
- A+288 Students
- B+267 Students
- A246 Students
- A232 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.76 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.76 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 231 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.111 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.115 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.115 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.115 responses
Schools like Upland High School
- B-Hillside High School
- Upland Unified School District, CA
- 2 reviews
- A-Etiwanda High School
- Chaffey Joint Union High School District, CA
- 862 reviews
- A-South Hills High School
- Covina-Valley Unified School District, CA
- 399 reviews
- BCharter Oak High School
- Charter Oak Unified School District, CA
- 306 reviews
Upland High School Reviews
I've truly fallen in love with the Choral program on campus. It was one of my main reasons for going to Upland, and it didn't disappoint. The family it creates is unlike any other and the conductor is fantastic. I've also had very good experienced with the science department as far as knowing my information. The history department is so incredible and dedicated. They treat every student with so much kindness. They are always willing to help and are super encouraging. If you have an AP history class, and you listen and work hard, you will pass the AP test easily. I've had both good and bad math experiences, leaning more towards good. The students in the honors program of the school have been so nice and so intelligent. The teachers encourage deep discussion and push everyone to succeed. Only a couple negative experiences with math and sports team. A very enjoyable and pretty campus!
My sister (class of 2018) and I (class of 2020) went to this high school and had a fun time, made some good friends, made some amazing memories, and many other things. I even met my boyfriend here! Joining this school is one of the best decisions I've done. Sadly my senior year isn't having the best time right now but that's because of quarantine, the teachers and counselors are very helpful and trying their very best to help everyone right now.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my high school experience. I have been taught amazingly interesting things and have been taught by great educators that continue to prove their care for their students and their education. I have had great opportunities to do community service and join clubs I never expected to have any interest in. With the current fear of school shootings and the even more recent pandemic, my school has been very careful in protecting their students and I am quite appreciative. However, every school has their faults, and I would say that I would truly enjoy to see a change in the way my school allocates its funding. We are known for our sports, specifically football, and although I am very proud of many of our players it sometimes it difficult to see the obvious favoritism the school has for groups that provide them with publicity. It would be nice to see the school offer the academic groups a bit more financial support.