Upland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Upland, CA. It has 3,391 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Upland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+296 Students
- A228 Students
- A227 Students
- B224 Students
- A+211 Students
- B+200 Students
- A-194 Students
- A+184 Students
- A-171 Students
- A+165 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.58 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.58 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.93 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.97 responses
Schools like Upland High School
- NGHillside High School
- Upland Unified School District, CA
- 2 reviews
- B+Etiwanda High School
- Chaffey Joint Union High School District, CA
- 772 reviews
- A-South Hills High School
- Covina-Valley Unified School District, CA
- 346 reviews
- BCharter Oak High School
- Charter Oak Unified School District, CA
- 280 reviews
Upland High School Reviews
Great honors and AP programs with plenty of extra curricular activities in sports, theatre, choir, debate teams, volunteering groups etc. Regular classes were lacking in teacher involvment but never had any complaints about AP and honors teachers!
Over the course of the past four years,I have come to learn that the teachers at Upland High School WANT to help you learn and grow as a student.I have had numerous teachers offer me additional help and guide me towards success in the college application process.I believe that the teachers and their curriculum and expectations that they have, have thoroughly prepared me to be prepared for college courses and succeed in them.My experience has also been enhanced by joining clubs,I was able to volunteer in my community and form a deeper understanding of the needs of those around me. Joining the volleyball team has also allowed me to become apart of a tight knit community with a bunch of girls who have the same passion that I do.Our faculty and staff have also continuously informed us of any efforts that they are making to ensure our safety throughout the day.Overall,Upland High School is a great school to attend as a final destination before you begin your college experience.
I loved my high school experience! Nothing but positive things to say about my high school. Let's first start off with the teachers I had. I have not one bad thing to say about my teachers I had all four years pf high school. The way our teachers prepared us for the real world really makes me appreciate how much time my teachers took out of their day. Our school thrives in its clubs and sports! Also, the diversity in our school is magnificent and proves that no matter what race or age you are, someone will always be there to help and guide you through high school.