Upland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Upland, CA. It has 3,456 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Upland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+275 Students
- B215 Students
- A211 Students
- A209 Students
- B+199 Students
- A+198 Students
- A-186 Students
- A+165 Students
- A-161 Students
- A+157 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.55 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.55 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.62 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.90 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.94 responses
Schools like Upland High School
- NGHillside High School
- Upland Unified School District, CA
- 2 reviews
- B+Etiwanda High School
- Chaffey Joint Union High School District, CA
- 747 reviews
- A-South Hills High School
- Covina-Valley Unified School District, CA
- 337 reviews
- BCharter Oak High School
- Charter Oak Unified School District, CA
- 276 reviews
Upland High School Reviews
Great honors and AP programs with plenty of extra curricular activities in sports, theatre, choir, debate teams, volunteering groups etc. Regular classes were lacking in teacher involvment but never had any complaints about AP and honors teachers!
I loved my high school experience! Nothing but positive things to say about my high school. Let's first start off with the teachers I had. I have not one bad thing to say about my teachers I had all four years pf high school. The way our teachers prepared us for the real world really makes me appreciate how much time my teachers took out of their day. Our school thrives in its clubs and sports! Also, the diversity in our school is magnificent and proves that no matter what race or age you are, someone will always be there to help and guide you through high school.
Overall, I had a good experience here. Most of the teachers cared for their students and I only had a few that were overly tough or unreasonable. I felt very safe on the campus especially because of the surrounding gates. The people who work in the office are all friendly and will help you with anything you need. The counselours are always busy and its hard to find time to go and speak to them, but my counselor was always friendly during the mandatory sessions. The campus itself is large and well kept, so it was always a nice experience walking around the campus. We have a great football team and some very talented athletes at this school!