Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
University High School is an above average, public school located in Waco, TX. It has 1,652 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
University High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A520 Students
- A+500 Students
- A+492 Students
- B410 Students
- B+381 Students
- A-321 Students
- A-249 Students
- B+242 Students
- B-231 Students
- B224 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.99 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.99 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 381 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.107 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.107 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.107 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
Schools like University High School
- C+Waco High School
- Waco Independent School District, TX
- 221 reviews
- BBruceville-Eddy High School
- Bruceville-Eddy Independent School District, TX
- 24 reviews
- BConnally High School
- Connally Independent School District, TX
- 125 reviews
- BChilton School
- Chilton Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 45 reviews
University High School Reviews
I love my school! the halls and classrooms are always clean. All the teachers are invested in their students and aim to improve every students' learning and personal growth. Dual credit classes are offered starting as a freshman and all expenses are paid for- tuition and textbooks. The cafeteria food is amazing, and free. The coaches are very invested in their players and the players of other sports, as well. The athletic equipment is amazing and useful. All the students have great school spirit- everyone participates in the pep rallies, themed dress up days, and school activities.
All four years of high school have been great! I am a 4 year basketball player & JROTC cadet. I am a student trainer for the football team. I am also in the top 10% of my class. University High School has a great facility that is only 6 years old. University has great teachers. Some teachers make school more enjoyable than others. I love my classmates of 2018! We have all matured throughout the years at University. The school administration could try a little harder to make the high school experience a little less boring. I would like to see a change in the cafeteria food. Most of the food looks nasty, and sometimes tastes horrible. My classmates and I look forward to Wednesdays because it's chicken nugget day.
Walking into University for the first time I honestly could say that I had mixed emotions. I was truly not ready for the huge jump and step in my life that i had just walked into. 3 weeks into my freshmen year and I already know that this school will come with many great memories that I will always look back on for a lifetime. The teachers, the staff,and the upperclassmen have all contributed to this school as feeling like my home now. I love my school!